New Linear A levels reaction

Watch this thread
Qmwnebrv
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
With this results day seeing the first set of Linear a level results being published and increasing numbers of AS levels following that system, what do you think the reaction will be, if any, by the press or government?

Will there be less higher grades or will they lower the boundaries to make it seem like a sucess?

I only took one linear a level this year (history) and I still struggled with pointlessly retaking last years exams, along with my A2 exams, despite having an A already.
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Qmwnebrv)
With this results day seeing the first set of Linear a level results being published and increasing numbers of AS levels following that system, what do you think the reaction will be, if any, by the press or government?

Will there be less higher grades or will they lower the boundaries to make it seem like a sucess?

I only took one linear a level this year (history) and I still struggled with pointlessly retaking last years exams, along with my A2 exams, despite having an A already.
I also did two new linear A2 exams this year (history and Literature) and from what my Literature teacher thinks, it's possible they might lower the boundaries. Using AS literature as an example, a C was 56% in 2016 (new spec) and with the introduction of new books and poetry and coursework, it's likely the exam boards will lower boundaries to justify the change to linear.

That being said, more exams are becoming linear this year so it might be that there is a slight increase in the boundaries, but nothing too drastic. But we'll have to wait and see on the 17th.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.78%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.45%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.92%

Watched Threads