Scaffold peircing Watch

RABlack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I had a scaffold peircing put into my right ear seven days ago. My question is can I change it to a slightly shorter bar or is this length ok?

I understand that the bar is initially bigger to allow swelling, but this seems excessive, especially now what little swelling I had has gone down . I know it's really early but I seem to catch it, mostly gently, but still catch it. It's healing well, no swelling, discharge, it moves easily, with no pain. I will continue the salt washes whether it is changed or not.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RABlack)
I had a scaffold peircing put into my right ear seven days ago. My question is can I change it to a slightly shorter bar or is this length ok?

I understand that the bar is initially bigger to allow swelling, but this seems excessive, especially now what little swelling I had has gone down . I know it's really early but I seem to catch it, mostly gently, but still catch it. It's healing well, no swelling, discharge, it moves easily, with no pain. I will continue the salt washes whether it is changed or not.
TTIUWP :sad:

But if you do change it this early, you need to be really careful about infection. It's best to go to a piercer and get them to change it - they can use sterile jewellery that has been through an autoclave. If you change it yourself you can wash your hands etc but can't guarantee things are as clean. You also can't see what you're doing as well to line up the bar going through the holes, so might poke the wrong place and cause damage.
RABlack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
TTIUWP?

I would get help or go somewhere. My profile pic is updated now to my ear if that helps. I can use the autoclave at work (vet practice) as others have done. But thank you for replying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads