Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post anonymously something you want to get off your chest Watch

Announcements

I don't know what to do with my life, I'm terrified because I'm an overachiever but I don't know what I'm going to do after school. I'm gay and I've never spoken to my parents about this; I know they're homophobic even though they haven't said a word to me. I feel terrible at random times of the day and the feeling of dread just swallows me all of a sudden, even when I'm laughing with my friends. I want to speak to a mental health professional but I'm scared to show myself as anything but perfect to my parents. I have a younger sister who looks up to me and thinks I hung the moon up. I can't let her know I'm weak.

people only talk to me when they have nothing better to do
    'why didnt you phone last night'
    'i forgot i was having fun doing this thing'
    like ok then let me know when you can fit me in for a 5 minute conversation
    once or twice i get, everyone has lives but it's all the time

My mum has a brain injury that gives her seizures when she's surrounded my large mental stimuli (loud noises, flashing colours, etc). My dad has an intestinal hernia that he refuses to get surgery for because he would be unable to properly care for mum and the threat of chronic pain, but without taking the surgery there is the chance of intestinal strangulation which can be fatal. The hernia can also get worse if he has continually high blood pressure.

My sister seems to ignore either of these facts and continues to almost seem to actively cause arguments with mum and dad that lead to dad shouting which gives mum seizures. My dad used to know to not shout at her because of mum but after his stroke he seems to have forgotten and continues to shout regardless of whether or not we remind him. He has also become generally less empathetic to all of us.

My sister continually disobeys mum and dad by coming home late almost every night, dressing in a "provocative" way and generally being hostile to the both of them. These would not be massive issues in a normal family, which she points out continually, but fails to realise that we are not a normal family. Dad is extremely stubborn and will always cause an argument if she does any of those things, and he's been more stubborn since his stroke. Every time my sister dresses in that way and dad sees her: he shouts at her, who shouts back at dad, which causes mum to have seizures, and also increases dad's blood pressure, increasing his % chance of complications with his hernia. The stubbornness is partially understandable, considering he is slightly autistic, but it still causes issues.

My sister is killing them, but she is either stupid or feigns ignorance, saying that with a normal, "good" family, she could do whatever she wanted, and we wouldn't have an issue with it. She then compares them to her friend's parents.

Her friends are the reason that she dropped out of A-levels last year. She was doing great at the start of the AS year, but her friends made her spend less time on her studies, so she failed 2/3 of her AS subjects (she dropped Art before the end, even though that has always been what she wanted to do). The fact that she still isn't in university makes dad more angry, and every time we talk about my education, he almost always starts to shout about her before we tell him to stop. She is now currently doing a fast-track course for art, because she wants to be an illustrator. The fact she dropped art initially and then decided to take it forward as her definite career path also infuriates dad.

This means that dad and mum have very high expectations of me, because everyone else in the family (my father's side) has gotten great grades and have gotten great jobs. I am constantly terrified that I will fail them. I don't even have any friends because I'm afraid that having them will waste my time, not to mention the fact that I am probably autistic.

If my sister wasn't in the picture, everything would probably be fine with my parents, but my mum wants her to stay at home until she completes the course. However, my sister is now doing drugs casually, at home, so I'm both hoping and not hoping that dad finds out and kicks her out of the house. The argument caused by it would probably be immense, and dad already has a high enough blood pressure, it could actually kill him.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my dad.

ReputationRep:
    I have lied so much.
    To so many.
    But i cant help it.
    Will i ever be forgiven?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, even our lies can be forgiven. Heck if you tell me everything you've ever told me was a lie, it still could be forgiven.

(Original post by KittenMediaya)
    I have lied so much.
    To so many.
    But i cant help it.
    Will i ever be forgiven?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We do have to try to not lie, and if it impacts them, I suppose let them know too.

I'm struggling with my sexuality. Recently I've been wondering if I'm lesbian or, at the very least, bisexual. I just don't know if the 'crushes' on guys I've had in the past have been that or just being able to appreciate that yes, they do look good and I don't necessarily want to do them. I'm too scared to experiment with random people but equally don't want to get into a relationship only to find out that I'm not into that gender. It's consuming my thoughts and I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Believe it or not, even our lies can be forgiven. Heck if you tell me everything you've ever told me was a lie, it still could be forgiven.

We do have to try to not lie, and if it impacts them, I suppose let them know too.
    You're only forgiven if you tell the person you lied. Right? I never told them. Never will because:
    1. It will have a negative affect on them. So bad that even if they don't have depression they will end up overthinking and have it...
    2. I don't want to cause pain to these people. They're all precious to me.

If i don't tell, what will i answer to Allah?

Either way i am stuck, i dont even have that many days to think of what to do before it's too late. This is eating me on the inside, so much i cant hold it in anymore. I can't stop crying. Just wish i never existed, never committed sins.

I'm pretty sure everything that is happening to me is as a result of all my sins and lies. This is why i keep losing everyone and even then I don't understand.. Why am i still lying today? Idk. Why do i do bad stuff still? Idk.

Why can't i bring myself to say the truth to everyone I've lied to? Idk. I just want peace for a little while but this is killing me so much.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1506800043744.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  12.7 KB
    This is why i'm so cursed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gay and wish I had a girlfriend :'(

ReputationRep:
    "When a believer utters a lie without a valid excuse, he is cursed by seventy thousand angels. Such a stench emanates from his heart that it reaches the sky and because of this single lie Allah writes for him a sin equivalent to that of committing seventy fornications. Such fornications that the least of which is fornication with ones mother"
    Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm struggling with my sexuality. Recently I've been wondering if I'm lesbian or, at the very least, bisexual. I just don't know if the 'crushes' on guys I've had in the past have been that or just being able to appreciate that yes, they do look good and I don't necessarily want to do them. I'm too scared to experiment with random people but equally don't want to get into a relationship only to find out that I'm not into that gender. It's consuming my thoughts and I don't know what to do
    I've struggled with the same thing. I hope in time you figure it out and become comfortable with yourself. I'm sure you will #ItGetsBetter

I don't have any friends and it was really hard to spend my birthday alone and I don't know if I could do that again.

Something that really got to me is that you promised to be one of my best friends, i told you so much, you offered to be my therapist and i went to you when i sometimes didnt understand normal human interactions but you manipulated it. You were to desperate you decided you wanted to manipulate me into sex all because your a sorry excuse for a male thank god you ****ed up before that could happen and my eyes were opened. Did you seriously think you could get away with asking me questions about something i said was private when i was drunk? Did you really think it was ok to interrogate me about my medical condition even though i said multiple times i didnt want to talk about it? Your an ass who doesnt respect females thinking we are so shallow, you dont respect your friends as your all to willing to throw it away to try and 'get some' - your disgusting.
    Damn that was long

I'm really in love with a guy but I know it's Haram to date, I don't know what to do tho, he's Muslim too. I can't get over it + no one seems to understand as they're all Christian and don't have that problem.

I'm in love with a Muslim guy but I know that girls are not allowed to date as it's Haram. I can't get over it tho and no one understand my problem here as they are Christian

ReputationRep:
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOO

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I wasn’t so emotional, I wish I could just be normal and not cry when someone tried to talk to me; I know I have to just grow up, so why can’t I do that. Why do the tears just flow all the time? Do I need counselling because I don’t even know what goes on in my head anymore...

ReputationRep:
    You're only forgiven if you tell the person you lied. Right? I never told them. Never will because:
    1. It will have a negative affect on them. So bad that even if they don't have depression they will end up overthinking and have it...
    2. I don't want to cause pain to these people. They're all precious to me.

If i don't tell, what will i answer to Allah?

Either way i am stuck, i dont even have that many days to think of what to do before it's too late. This is eating me on the inside, so much i cant hold it in anymore. I can't stop crying. Just wish i never existed, never committed sins.

I'm pretty sure everything that is happening to me is as a result of all my sins and lies. This is why i keep losing everyone and even then I don't understand.. Why am i still lying today? Idk. Why do i do bad stuff still? Idk.

Why can't i bring myself to say the truth to everyone I've lied to? Idk. I just want peace for a little while but this is killing me so much.
    Name:  1506800043744.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  12.7 KB
    This is why i'm so cursed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "When a believer utters a lie without a valid excuse, he is cursed by seventy thousand angels. Such a stench emanates from his heart that it reaches the sky and because of this single lie Allah writes for him a sin equivalent to that of committing seventy fornications. Such fornications that the least of which is fornication with ones mother"
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOO

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I don't think lying is one of those sins which requires you to announce to the person that you have lied, but I will double check for you.
    Whilst things that happen can be a result of our bad deeds, moreso it could be a means of expiation for our sins, or a means of greater rewards in Jannah. It is important to remember after committing sins, that Allah's mercy is vast, so much so that the person who killed 99 people, then went on to kill 100 was also forgiven because of his sincerity in seeking forgiveness.
    The hadiths you have mentioned are a means o deter one in the first place, however on committing the sin we look to this hadith,

"On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:
    Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.” "

(Original post by starfab)
    "On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:
    Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.” "
    this is one of my all time favourite quotes from the Quran; legit makes me emotional every time I read it. Thanks, I kno the quote wasn't for me but I actually needed this lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.