Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    lol im a failure in life
    i don't want to apply to med
    whats the next best thing.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing is whatever you want to do. Stop trying to impress others rather than doing what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you ar einterested in. I know many (including myself) who are interested in medicine, but dont want to go to medical school, study biology or biomedical sciences. They are still a lot of work and stress but they arent like the endless years of medical school. I just graduated biology at uni and can really say I enjoyed it and can only recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny1111)
    It depends what you ar einterested in. I know many (including myself) who are interested in medicine, but dont want to go to medical school, study biology or biomedical sciences. They are still a lot of work and stress but they arent like the endless years of medical school. I just graduated biology at uni and can really say I enjoyed it and can only recommend it
    i don't think I'm clever enough for med but i don't want to end up doing a dead end degree. I want to do something that i can get a decent living out of.

What do you plan on doing with your career?

ReputationRep:
    I dont think biomedical science or biology are dead end degrees and to be honest even if you do them as bachelors you can always go into a buisness or language masters too, because i know some friends who did biology in bachelors and are now doing an MBA. but I know biology is a respected degree and Ive never had a problem of it not being respected. I personally want to go into medical research but I know there are many other caeer option swith a science degree, depending on your interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny1111)
    I dont think biomedical science or biology are dead end degrees and to be honest even if you do them as bachelors you can always go into a buisness or language masters too, because i know some friends who did biology in bachelors and are now doing an MBA. but I know biology is a respected degree and Ive never had a problem of it not being respected. I personally want to go into medical research but I know there are many other caeer option swith a science degree, depending on your interest
    i was intrigued by immunology but I'm worried about career prospects and I've been on the hunt for an immunology student for advice but i can't find one.

the highest paid jobs in immunology are for those that have done an undergrad in med and a graduates degree in immunology.

i know its not about earning the most but i would like to be comfortable with the money i earn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistry002)
    i was intrigued by immunology but I'm worried about career prospects and I've been on the hunt for an immunology student for advice but i can't find one.

the highest paid jobs in immunology are for those that have done an undergrad in med and a graduates degree in immunology.

i know its not about earning the most but i would like to be comfortable with the money i earn.
    yea i totally understand what you mean. I personally dont know an immunology student but if you want to do something more broad you could look at biomedical sciences because i know unis like queen mary offer immunology modules for biomedical scientists and you could look into whether immunology masters accept biomedical sciences too, if you want to avoid medical school (which i totally understand haha)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.