Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sexual attraction but not physical attraction? Watch

Announcements

So I'm really sexually attracted to someone but not physically attracted to them? Is this the norm? I feel like physical attraction is usually first?

The guy I feel this for, I know him fairly well, so I guess there's an emotional element. But we don't have much in common and I find him really annoying.

Idk it just really took me by surprise as I've only ever felt sexually attracted to someone who I physically fancied or had a strong emotional connection (but then physical attraction came second)

We had sex once, it wasn't great but it wasn't bad... and I can't help but sometimes daydream about doing it again

(I hope this doesn't sound stupid, I'm just wondering what other's thoughts are)

ReputationRep:
    I know who this is haha

ReputationRep:
    You're contradicting yourself, you say you are sexually attracted to him but not physically, and you also imply that you are not attracted to his personality, as well as saying that the sex was just ok.

What you are saying is irrational, it makes no sense. Maybe you are just physically attracted to him but you think you are not.

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    I know who this is haha
    I highly doubt it, I haven't been on this site in awhile

(Original post by slade p)
    You're contradicting yourself, you say you are sexually attracted to him but not physically, and you also imply that you are not attracted to his personality, as well as saying that the sex was just ok.

What you are saying is irrational, it makes no sense. Maybe you are just physically attracted to him but you think you are not.
    But sexual attraction and physical attraction are two different things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I highly doubt it, I haven't been on this site in awhile

But sexual attraction and physical attraction are two different things?

Sexual attraction is based on something, if not on physical aspects or personality then what is it based on?

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem, no-one said you had to like his personality.

Just pump and dump.

And if he is a dude then he won't mind, less baggage of having to deal with a relationship.

Sexual attraction is a physical desire to subconscious mate with the person

ReputationRep:
    Dont know why that went anon^ ^subconsciously*

ReputationRep:
    I thought there was only sexual/physical attraction. Romantic attraction and aesthetic attraction

(Original post by slade p)
    Sexual attraction is based on something, if not on physical aspects or personality then what is it based on?
    Hm yeah, I'm wrong, I think I was thinking of the distinction between romantic and sexual attraction.

I guess I am just in denial :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't have sex, you will regret
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So confused rn...Don't you have to be physically attracted to someone to be sexually attracted to them??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.