Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is there anything I could have done? Watch

Announcements

i was casually seeing a friend but I developed feelings for him and wanted to know if it could become more.

he told me that he really liked me, that i was very sexually attractive and that he really wanted to sleep with me, and that mentally we got on very well, that i had everything going for me; i was kind, funny, intelligent, interesting, but then he said we had 'different ways of living' and that he 'saw me more as a good friend.' and 'doesn't want a serious relationship.' i accepted this and tried to move on.

then, when I moved on with somebody else he got jealous and had a go?!?!

he doesn't want to be with me but doesn't want me to be with someone else..

he wants us to be fwb again but I don't want to just sleep with him, I would like to have a relationship but I know that I love him, whereas he doesn't love me or even have any feelings.

Is there anything that I could have done? My friend thinks that I 'came on too strongly and that it put him off.' And that if i'd played it cooler it could have worked... what do others think? Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Give him an ultimatum and if he doesn't want to commit cut him loose, he's messing you around. Pursue someone else.

(Original post by chocolate dildo)
    Just have a 3some
    problem solved
    PRSOM

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Give him an ultimatum and if he doesn't want to commit cut him loose, he's messing you around. Pursue someone else.
    Yeah, he knows how I feel about him, and he says that it's not his fault, he can't force his feelings etc.. which I know is completely true. But it's my fault for going along with the FWB. I think I just need to stop blaming myself and move on even if it's hard...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, he knows how I feel about him, and he says that it's not his fault, he can't force his feelings etc.. which I know is completely true. But it's my fault for going along with the FWB. I think I just need to stop blaming myself and move on even if it's hard...
    He doesn't like you in that way and is just using you. Imo you should tell him it's over and move on to someone else

ReputationRep:
    These kind of guys are pathetic. The ones who say they dont want a serious relationship or even a relationship at all and get bare jealous when you move on? Like wtf?

Guys like that are annoying and toxic and you should just get rid.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I'm kind of sad as I thought we were also good friends but yeah at the end of the day I guess he is using me, but I also went along with it and he told me he didn't want a relationship.... my friend reckons that if I completely cut him off he'll probably realise and come back to me, but I doubt it lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.