Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foreign Languages Forum Index: Links for Language-Learners Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi/hola/salut/ciao/hallo/привет!

This index is a work in progress.

Welcome to the Foreign Languages Forum! Here you can find useful threads and resources for all your language-learning needs.

On TSR:
    Threads for discussing specific languages:
    Russian Learners' Society
    Spanish Learners' Society
    French Learners' Society
    German Learners' Society
    Italian Learners' Society

Study resources
    AS and A-Level foreign languages resource thread
    GCSE French
    GCSE German
    GCSE Spanish
    A-level French
    A-level German
    A-level Spanish

2018 exam threads & unofficial markschemes
    Coming next year

Other online language-learning resources:
    Reverso Context (a bilingual dictionary with reliable context for every word or phrase you look up)
    WordReference fora (you probably know about the dictionary, but there are also discussion fora where you can ask questions about languages; my username there is [∞] in case you see me around!)
    Unilang (another language forum with resources)
    Anki (flashcards, if you like that kind of thing; Memrise is also good for that)
    FluentU (a video-based language-learning programme, which also has a very good blog)
    Lang-8 (allows you to post writing in your target language and get it marked)
    My Language Exchange (quite self-explanatory; other sites for conversation practice include Speak Languages, Italki and Interpals)
    Readlang (reading practice; LingQ has a similar idea)
    Easy Languages (subtitled YouTube videos featuring 'interviews' with native speakers on the street)
    Forvo (a library of recordings by native speakers for help with pronunciation)

If you know any more resources, particularly underrated ones, which you think should be included, let me know!

Happy language-learning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.