Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Burn fat by treadmill Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have just started gym and was wondering could I burn fat by using treadmill, rowing machine, bike ?

ReputationRep:
    Is that even a question?

ReputationRep:
    Using a treadmill is one of the most effective thing to lose belly fat. Not only does it burn calories but effects the visceral fat under your stomach muscles!!

ReputationRep:
    Eating a balanced diet with a caloric deficit (the healthy range being between 250-500) and exercising on top of this will ensure that you burn fat.

Any exercise will do, so long as it gets you sweating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totoro2234)
    Using a treadmill is one of the most effective thing to lose belly fat. Not only does it burn calories but effects the visceral fat under your stomach muscles!!
    U can't target where u lose fat

ReputationRep:
    strength training is a must too - doesn't matter whether you're a girl or a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    U can't target where u lose fat
    I was just helping with what I found on the internet about running thanks for correcting

ReputationRep:
    Although burning calories is good, it’s all about getting your heart rate up and sweating as much as you can, the calories burnt from that and a calorie deficit will burn fat, people also forget that when exercising your body starts burning energy faster throughout the day.

Also building muscle will increase how many calories you burn being idle, it’ll tone you up and you burn calories doing weight training. You’ll also find it boosts your stamina and other abilities when doing cardio, when I go to the gym I start with cardio and it’s tough, I push myself doing weights and finish with another round of cardio and I find I’m able to push myself so much more. And in the long run you’ll find cardio much easier, especially with things like biking since you’ll have stronger leg muscles

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.