The Student Room Group

Burn fat by treadmill

I have just started gym and was wondering could I burn fat by using treadmill, rowing machine, bike ?
Is that even a question?
Using a treadmill is one of the most effective thing to lose belly fat. Not only does it burn calories but effects the visceral fat under your stomach muscles!!
Eating a balanced diet with a caloric deficit (the healthy range being between 250-500) and exercising on top of this will ensure that you burn fat.

Any exercise will do, so long as it gets you sweating.
Original post by Totoro2234
Using a treadmill is one of the most effective thing to lose belly fat. Not only does it burn calories but effects the visceral fat under your stomach muscles!!

U can't target where u lose fat
strength training is a must too - doesn't matter whether you're a girl or a guy.
Original post by Khanman123
U can't target where u lose fat

I was just helping with what I found on the internet about running :smile: thanks for correcting
Reply 7
Although burning calories is good, it’s all about getting your heart rate up and sweating as much as you can, the calories burnt from that and a calorie deficit will burn fat, people also forget that when exercising your body starts burning energy faster throughout the day.

Also building muscle will increase how many calories you burn being idle, it’ll tone you up and you burn calories doing weight training. You’ll also find it boosts your stamina and other abilities when doing cardio, when I go to the gym I start with cardio and it’s tough, I push myself doing weights and finish with another round of cardio and I find I’m able to push myself so much more. And in the long run you’ll find cardio much easier, especially with things like biking since you’ll have stronger leg muscles

Quick Reply

Latest