Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a girl into trouble with her family Watch

Announcements

So at uni I met this girl on a night out 2 years ago, I chatted her up and we smoke and drank and ended up becoming fwb. We see each other fairly often and sext a lot.. explicit pictures and videos and all. We really like each other.

Problem is that her family is muslim. We've just graduated and we've both got job offers in the same city but her parents want to marry her off now. They want her to be a housewife. She's afraid they'll send her to pakistan to get married against her will because they are very strict. They only let her go to uni because she had an offer for medicine, but they think she is becoming too westernised

She's seriously considering eloping and living with me at my new place for work, but I don't know what help I can offer her besides her living with me? She's going to be leaving her entire family behind. Even though they threaten her and sometimes beat her if she doesn't get married or do housework, she's finding it very hard.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate dildo)
    YOU HIT THAT AS HARD AS YOU CAN before she gets shipped off.
    Yo that's ****ed up lol

loooool try harder troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So at uni I met this girl on a night out 2 years ago, I chatted her up and we smoke and drank and ended up becoming fwb. We see each other fairly often and sext a lot.. explicit pictures and videos and all. We really like each other.

Problem is that her family is muslim. We've just graduated and we've both got job offers in the same city but her parents want to marry her off now. They want her to be a housewife. She's afraid they'll send her to pakistan to get married against her will because they are very strict. They only let her go to uni because she had an offer for medicine, but they think she is becoming too westernised

She's seriously considering eloping and living with me at my new place for work, but I don't know what help I can offer her besides her living with me? She's going to be leaving her entire family behind. Even though they threaten her and sometimes beat her if she doesn't get married or do housework, she's finding it very hard.

Any advice?
    Tell your girl to introduce you to the family. Show them your not a bad person.

(Original post by Jahir)
    Tell your girl to introduce you to the family. Show them your not a bad person.
    We can't do that, my family is hindu but I'm agnostic, however her family is very strict muslim. They'll probably kill her if she did that, not even joking
    She has to wear the niqab outside and is forced by her dad, who has a wife here and back in pakistan. They're really backward

loooool try harder troll
    Hiding behind anon and calling me a troll.. pathetic

Right, no paki man will want her if shes a non-virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Hiding behind anon and calling me a troll.. pathetic
    The best chance will be... converting to a Muslim and marry her. That's the best I could think of. Her family won't hate you as much if your a Muslim.

(Original post by Jahir)
    The best chance will be... converting to a Muslim and marry her. That's the best I could think of. Her family won't hate you as much if your a Muslim.
    I'm not converting to anything. She's made it clear she's unhappy and can't live as a muslim, she doesn't like the religion or her parents backward mentality. She can't live with them, that's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Just elope, it doesn't seem she is happy.

We've already done it loads, you don't need to worry.

But that's beside the point. I'm just concerned about her basically leaving her entire life behind but it doesn't look like she has a choice. Its going to be hard and I need to know what I can do for her

Give her the emotional support she needs, let her move in with you - you can both split the bills etc and have a proper relationship

She sounds like she wants to escape, help her find her own feet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.