Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for Advice Regarding the Day I Have Booked my Theory Test. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have booked my theory test on the 24 th of August at 12pm. However, the GCSE results day is on the same day and I get my GCSE results at 11:00am. Therefore, I'm worried in case I get grades am not happy with, will have an effect on my physical emotions on doing the theory test straight after the GCSE results.

However, I can change the time to 9am for the theory test, and not have a chance of being annoyed, as I don't know what grades I have yet. However, this could make me anxious and worried, as I don't know the grades that I have got.

Therefore, I am wondering, what time do you think I should take my test, 9 am (be slightly anxious and worried) or 12pm (slightly at risk of being disappointed with my GCSE results.)

ReputationRep:
    If you've revised for your theory properly, it will be a piece of cake regardless of the situation you find yourself in. Most of the answers are common sense anyway, and I doubt you will lose common sense no matter what your GCSE results turn out to be.

You could just reschedule your theory test before results day (say a week before?) or just do it a week after to let the results sink in.

Either way - Best of luck with results day and also the theory test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    If you've revised for your theory properly, it will be a piece of cake regardless of the situation you find yourself in. Most of the answers are common sense anyway, and I doubt you will lose common sense no matter what your GCSE results turn out to be.

You could just reschedule your theory test before results day (say a week before?) or just do it a week after to let the results sink in.

Either way - Best of luck with results day and also the theory test
    Thanks, it just made it easier for me to go down on the same day. I think I'll stick with the 12pm one, allows me to get my head together, rather than the early 9am rush

ReputationRep:
    Just show up, the tests are a peace of piss anyway. If you couldn't pass it before you ever get into a car you shouldn't be learning to drive.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnips)
    Thanks, it just made it easier for me to go down on the same day. I think I'll stick with the 12pm one, allows me to get my head together, rather than the early 9am rush
    Be careful about doing it at that time. You have to actually pick up your results which can take a bit of time because of everyone else there and get to the test centre a little early to read over their forms and stuff and there's not a lot of time there. Do you really want to be rushing it? Are you sure it wouldn't be better to sit it on a different day?

ReputationRep:
    I took a practice test on the bus to the test and I got a pass so don't over think it but then again I know 3 people who failed more then twice with tons of revision

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.