The Student Room Group

How to accept the way you look

I'm having a hard time accepting my appearance. I'm not gross to look at but there are certain features that I want to change. I have scleral show which annoys me and low cheekbones. Cosmetic surgery is too drastic for me. How do I go about accepting these flaws?
Just accept them. No one is perfect. Someone will like u for who u are, not just ur appearance....
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm having a hard time accepting my appearance. I'm not gross to look at but there are certain features that I want to change. I have scleral show which annoys me and low cheekbones. Cosmetic surgery is too drastic for me. How do I go about accepting these flaws?

If you don't like your imperfections, someone else will.
I don't even know what sceral show is and most people don't have high cheekbones anyway
Original post by Anonymous

Wait until you're over the age of 30 and details like this become less and less important. There's so much more important stuff the the height of your cheekbones...
(edited 6 years ago)
take cute selfies then be like oooo qt
Just barely wash everything smells nice right it's probably a distraction but it works.
Accepting your flaws is psychologically taxing and hard. It is easier to change your physical appearance to fix your mind than it is to change your mind to accept your body. That is why women wear make up, it is easier to hide the flaws than to accept them. Same reason transgender people get a sex change, easier to change your body to fit your mind than the other way around.

Make-up and cosmetic are your easiest yet most expensive options.

Easiest way to accept yourself is to become egotistical by realising there are people uglier than you. Search up ugly people to boost your ego. Notice flaws (keep them secret) in every person, and realise we all have our issues, and you are not alone.

The mindset I mentioned sounds toxic, but if you keep it in your head, it can truly help to some degree.

I don't believe in this "just accept yourself, looks don't matter". This is BS, accepting oneself is hard, especially if you loathe yourself or have low self esteem, and looks,wealth and other materialistic shallow stuff do matter. That will always be a fact.
Original post by MADMANMALIK
Accepting your flaws is psychologically taxing and hard. It is easier to change your physical appearance to fix your mind than it is to change your mind to accept your body. That is why women wear make up, it is easier to hide the flaws than to accept them. Same reason transgender people get a sex change, easier to change your body to fit your mind than the other way around.

Make-up and cosmetic are your easiest yet most expensive options.

Easiest way to accept yourself is to become egotistical by realising there are people uglier than you. Search up ugly people to boost your ego. Notice flaws (keep them secret) in every person, and realise we all have our issues, and you are not alone.

The mindset I mentioned sounds toxic, but if you keep it in your head, it can truly help to some degree.

I don't believe in this "just accept yourself, looks don't matter". This is BS, accepting oneself is hard, especially if you loathe yourself or have low self esteem, and looks,wealth and other materialistic shallow stuff do matter. That will always be a fact.

Actually cosmetics make a lot of women look worse. I think we should be encouraging girls and women to go minimal on make up.

I was bullied at school for how I looked so I ended up wearing make up to cover my face because I had issues with it, but then as I started getting older everyone was like 'why are you wearing make up like that' 'you shouldn't wear it'. Turns out I was actually much more attractive without the make up or with extremely minimal make up.

OP if you're going to do make up make sure you use it to enhance your best features, not to conceal. Putting foundation on, unless you already have amazing skin, and unless you actually know how to apply it, would make you look worse. You should focus on the parts of you you find attractive, and bring them out. Wear clothes that are flattering and sexy, not slutty. Develop your own sense of personal style. Attract people by reflecting more confident, having a beaming smile and becoming more personable. All these things will help you accept yourself.
Reply 9
Every morning look at the mirror and find another good thing about your looks and concentrate on them. After a few months you will have so many good things about your look you will gain confidence.

Worked like magic for me. I know I'm not pretty or "hot", but I'm cute and that's fine with me.
Original post by Kathy89
Every morning look at the mirror and find another good thing about your looks and concentrate on them. After a few months you will have so many good things about your look you will gain confidence.

Worked like magic for me. I know I'm not pretty or "hot", but I'm cute and that's fine with me.

If you're cute you're probably pretty lol

Quick Reply

Latest