Reply 1
Original post by Ikeo
Please mention some ways you know that can decrease anxiety anyway possible

I'll try some of them tomorrow when I wake up, thank you

The "Whatever happens happens" mindset killed most of my anxiety
Reply 2
Original post by Xopher_
The "Whatever happens happens" mindset killed most of my anxiety

It helps! BUT it is not easy to do, it will take time to adopt to that way of thinking.

Another thing is analysis of when do the attacks happen and what triggers them and working on the root of it. It takes time too, but it helps a lot.
Nothing will be 100% effective and you will still have attacks, but much much less.
Reply 3
Original post by Kathy89
It helps! BUT it is not easy to do, it will take time to adopt to that way of thinking.

Another thing is analysis of when do the attacks happen and what triggers them and working on the root of it. It takes time too, but it helps a lot.
Nothing will be 100% effective and you will still have attacks, but much much less.

I know I have anxiety but I'm not sure if I have attacks, never quite understood the symptoms of them

I'm going to try and change my mindset, thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Ikeo
I know I have anxiety but I'm not sure if I have attacks, never quite understood the symptoms of them

I'm going to try and change my mindset, thank you

I have anxiety too, I almost never have attacks (where I can't control myself), but I do have episodes. When I want to cry for the stupidest reason, be alone, hurt myself or be aggressive (almost never happens as an episode, that is the point I loose it completely). I separate the two things, episodes is where you can control it, you can choose to stop and go somewhere to just let the emotions flow, and there are attacks, where you can't control yourself, usually it is hard to breath or not to cry and you may act completely like a different person.
Most people have more episodes than attacks, often they don't even count them as episodes, just not in a mood or something.
Reply 5
Original post by Kathy89
I have anxiety too, I almost never have attacks (where I can't control myself), but I do have episodes. When I want to cry for the stupidest reason, be alone, hurt myself or be aggressive (almost never happens as an episode, that is the point I loose it completely). I separate the two things, episodes is where you can control it, you can choose to stop and go somewhere to just let the emotions flow, and there are attacks, where you can't control yourself, usually it is hard to breath or not to cry and you may act completely like a different person.
Most people have more episodes than attacks, often they don't even count them as episodes, just not in a mood or something.

How often do you have attacks, or do they just happen when there's something to be anxious about e.g. first day of college, uni?

I may have had attacks or episodes but I don't really know if they were one, I know I feel anxious about everything though
Reply 6
Original post by Ikeo
How often do you have attacks, or do they just happen when there's something to be anxious about e.g. first day of college, uni?

I may have had attacks or episodes but I don't really know if they were one, I know I feel anxious about everything though

I didn't have an actual attack for years. Can't even remember when was the last one.
It did happen sometimes when I was too emotional about something, other times it happened even of a very small things.
Try to track these things, if you are anxious about a first day of college. What thoughts/ action trigger those things (attacks or episodes).
It might be a sign of some other issues you have. For me a lot of the episodes (and some attacks) where over my looks and over my voice. I found it was hard for me to speak in class because I hated my voice, I sound like a 13 year old boy. When I had to speak (answer questions in class or want to say my opinion on a subject) it may trigger an episode or even an attack. Anxiety is often connected to insecurities, traumas from the past, phobias.....
I think this website is brilliant -

https://www.anxietybc.com/adults/introduction

The ideas in it are pretty much the same as you would get if you went to a decent therapist. Obviously, a therapist is better because they can explain stuff and work out what is going on for you personally, but hopefully it might give you some useful ideas
Listen to the Quran, try it as it is a cure for depression and anxiety
Listen to the Bible, try it as it is a cure for depression and anxiety
Reply 10
Ok I will read the entire Quran and Bible to find ways to reduce anxiety, thanks for the advice

Probably is from an underlying issue but I don't know how to sort them out

Anymore ways that are supposed to help?
Original post by Ikeo
Please mention some ways you know that can decrease anxiety anyway possible

I'll try some of them tomorrow when I wake up, thank you

For me the best way is to watch some motivational videos about overcoming your fears. Also I find comfort from listening to music, especially if I'm in a busy environment.
Reply 12
exercise will help.
Reply 13
Original post by slade p
exercise will help.

I exercise quite vigorously but it doesn't really seem to reduce my anxiety to a sustainable level

Quick Reply

Latest