The Student Room Group

I want to 'bump' into a guy who ghosted me

It will seem very coincidental. I'm prepared to be ignored but might get lucky with a lil convo. It's not that crazy of an idea right?
It's not crazy at all. It reminds me, there was this girl I knew nothing of her. I hadn't seen her for 3 years and one day I woke up hoping I'd see her, on the same day I was out and I ran into her, that day has stuck with me ever since
Reply 2
Original post by Angry Bird
It's not crazy at all. It reminds me, there was this girl I knew nothing of her. I hadn't seen her for 3 years and one day I woke up hoping I'd see her, on the same day I was out and I ran into her, that day has stuck with me ever since

Ahh bless, that must have made your day. I will put my best outfit and his fave perfume on and go 'see' him then :smile: wish me luck xo
Reply 3
Crazy, no. But why do you want to waste your time trying to catch the attention of someone who ghosted you? It seems very counterproductive when you can be looking for guys who do care about you.
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh bless, that must have made your day. I will put my best outfit and his fave perfume on and go 'see' him then :smile: wish me luck xo

she's not mine yet but I'm working on it. Good luck!
To me, someone who had to google what 'ghosting' even is, this sounds like a high risk exposure. Surely this person exercises his or her logic to assess the situation and the likeliness of this being purely naturally occurring coincident. You would need a good plan (but besides if he or she ghosted you should you not move on?).
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
Crazy, no. But why do you want to waste your time trying to catch the attention of someone who ghosted you? It seems very counterproductive when you can be looking for guys who do care about you.

Original post by Dawid Salomon
To me, someone who had to google what 'ghosting' even is, this sounds like a high risk exposure. Surely this person exercises his or her logic to assess the situation and the likeliness of this being purely naturally occurring coincident. You would need a good plan (but besides if he or she ghosted you should you not move on?).

I totally get that and would probably give the same advice to others but from where I stand I can't move on no matter what I do or how much time goes by. I know he went through a bad patch and he had feelings for me for two years so surely I deserve a goodbye at least. It's the 'ghosting' that's haunting me til now...it's not a nice feeling at all from someone you thought you were really close with. I would be happy just to see his face.
I totally get that and would probably give the same advice to others but from where I stand I can't move on no matter what I do or how much time goes by. I know he went through a bad patch and he had feelings for me for two years so surely I deserve a goodbye at least. It's the 'ghosting' that's haunting me til now...it's not a nice feeling at all from someone you thought you were really close with. I would be happy just to see his face.

Wow, this sounds like infatuation, I don't really get that anymore, having undergone so many relationships and being more cautious about life in general, but when I used to, I'd rapidly try to be infatuated with someone else just to get the previous one out of my mind.
Reply 8
Original post by Dawid Salomon
Wow, this sounds like infatuation, I don't really get that anymore, having undergone so many relationships and being more cautious about life in general, but when I used to, I'd rapidly try to be infatuated with someone else just to get the previous one out of my mind.

I tried seeing other guys and getting over him but it's never worked.. I still cry and get super frustrated. Surely a guy can't go from besotted (for two years!!) to radio silence overnight without good reason? I mean I know the reason he disappeared in the first place was due to some kinda job/money stress but can he still deep down miss me? 😭
I need help.
Depends on the circumstances that caused him to ghost.

If it was for no reason, then try it and see if you glean anything.
Original post by AryanGh
Depends on the circumstances that caused him to ghost.

If it was for no reason, then try it and see if you glean anything.

Thanks, that gives me hope. The reasons were related to job/money and from mutual friends I've heard he's still stressed and isn't seeing anyone so.. I live in hope.

I've been depressed and pushed friends away so I know sometimes it's nothing personal. My best friend hasn't spoken to me for a few weeks now but if I saw her I'd probably talk to her and patch things up.

Xo
Thanks, that gives me hope. The reasons were related to job/money and from mutual friends I've heard he's still stressed and isn't seeing anyone so.. I live in hope.

I've been depressed and pushed friends away so I know sometimes it's nothing personal. My best friend hasn't spoken to me for a few weeks now but if I saw her I'd probably talk to her and patch things up.

Xo

In that case I'd say go for it, but don't make it too obvious and don't try and force yourself on to him and force answers, just kinda be casual and chilled out, just talk general topics. As to not cause excess stress.
Original post by AryanGh
In that case I'd say go for it, but don't make it too obvious and don't try and force yourself on to him and force answers, just kinda be casual and chilled out, just talk general topics. As to not cause excess stress.

Thank you for replying, it honestly helps me so much and means a lot. I just hope he talks to me and doesn't ignore me but time will tell. I won't make it obvious or seem too keen to talk to him but fingers crossed it goes well xx

Quick Reply

Latest