Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im about to start a degree at uni this september but am absolutely obsessed with noise. i live wiv my parents and can hear the tv downstairs slightly from in my . this puts me off studying and my parents seriously think im strange for keeping going downstairs to turn the TV down.
    if im doing a degree im gonna be like this for another 3 years though

is any1 else like this?

(Original post by horrorboy)
    hi im about to start a degree at uni this september but am absolutely obsessed with noise. i live wiv my parents and can hear the tv downstairs slightly from in my . this puts me off studying and my parents seriously think im strange for keeping going downstairs to turn the TV down.

is any1 else like this?
    You could try going to study with a friend, maybe?

ReputationRep:

is any1 else like this?
    No I'm living at university and also my house is equipped with a library. Isn't there anywhere else where you could study, i.e. local library, or perhaps make your parents understand your situation? Also are they at home all day?

ReputationRep:
    It'll probably be a lot quieter in certain places at Uni so I wouldn't worry so much. The library or your room, for instance?

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    No I'm living at university and also my house is equipped with a library. Isn't there anywhere else where you could study, i.e. local library, or perhaps make your parents understand your situation? Also sare they at home all day?
    Alright for some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    You could try going to study with a friend, maybe?
    yeah perhaps though id be spending most nights at my parents house. can any1 else hear the tv from their rooms though?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm living at university and also my house is equipped with a library. Isn't there anywhere else where you could study, i.e. local library, or perhaps make your parents understand your situation? Also are they at home all day?
    well theres a cabin/shed in my garden thats empty but not sure if it'd be reasonable in there might be too cold in winter etc i dunno :rolleyes:
    there at home most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Alright for some!
    Hehe I wasn't rubbing it in! Is it not possible to make them understand how inconsiderate they're being?

Alternatively hide the TV/destroy it.

yeah perhaps though id be spending most nights at my parents house. can any1 else hear the tv from their rooms though?
    Yeah, I normally just put one of my own CD's on louder.

ReputationRep:

is any1 else like this?
    nerd

(Original post by MC Hawking IV)
    nerd
    ...Said the guy with the theoretical physicist as his user name.

ReputationRep:
    nerd
    explain why im a nerd

ReputationRep:
    Actully this is natural,for me my best time to study is when my little brother and sister,are out,and at night when no tv is on and most of the people are sleeping,tell your parents
    (if you want me to become something to the society then turn the volume down but if you want me to become a burglar and spend 15 year in jail ,so you could feel guilty your whole lives then let it up,fine by me,so choose either the volume down or 15 years of guilt)
    try it,it may work
    and dont be too rude

ReputationRep:
    Headphones...

Or do work at night, that's how I mostly ended up doing revision and coursework. Mucks up your bodyclock though.

ReputationRep:
    nerd
    Oh dear, when did you get back?

ReputationRep:
    explain why im a nerd
    read you're first post, and tell me that it doesn't sound nerdy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, when did you get back?
    missed me baby?

read you're first post, and tell me that it doesn't sound nerdy.
    Oh hush, for the nerds shall inherit the Earth. And stuff.

ReputationRep:
    missed me baby?
    Unfortunately No you foul rat child.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately No you foul rat child.
    you know i like it when you talk dirty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.