Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sarnez
The ucas application adviser in my college told me

so do you think it will happen to me also. should i tell my uni
Reply 41
Original post by mnak
so do you think it will happen to me also. should i tell my uni

Dude i think you are stressing too much. Should give your uni a ring, so you can relax in the next couple weeks.
Reply 42
Original post by Sarnez
Dude i think you are stressing too much. Should give your uni a ring, so you can relax in the next couple weeks.

thank you so much, your advice calmed me down alot. I never had a full night sleep for 3 and half weeks. hopefully one phone call can either make it go away or make it increase 10 fold.
Reply 43
Original post by mnak
thank you so much, your advice calmed me down alot. I never had a full night sleep for 3 and half weeks. hopefully one phone call can either make it go away or make it increase 10 fold.

No problem, yeah just call them on Monday. They worst they will say is that they forgot to include English requirement in your offer. They can't change your offer at this point, since you already accepted your offer. Don't worry too much
Reply 44
Original post by Sarnez
No problem, yeah just call them on Monday. They worst they will say is that they forgot to include English requirement in your offer. They can't change your offer at this point, since you already accepted your offer. Don't worry too much

I know they wond change the offer but i feel when i send my gsce results they will decline my offer or somethin
Original post by Sarnez

Yes, they can, if it's to correct a mistake.

OP: I don't see the point in continually asking the same question over and over again, the answer won't change.
Reply 46
Original post by Snufkin
Yes, they can, if it's to correct a mistake.

OP: I don't see the point in continually asking the same question over and over again, the answer won't change.

i guess il find out tomorow.

btw if its possible that i get an unconditional offer and the very next week i get my gcse results and its say i failed. Should i send it to them or just keep it.
Reply 47
I hope i get into uni.
im cant go to sleep.
im almost 100% positive that if i get the grades i need for my A levels, my offer will remain conditional until gcse results day.

BTW is there any chance i can get into university with english literature instead of language- because i got a B in english lit.
Reply 48
hey everyone i got an unconditonal offer. its a miracle.

btw could they change an unconditional offer
Original post by mnak
hey everyone i got an unconditonal offer. its a miracle.

btw could they change an unconditional offer

No, unconditional is as it appears - unconditional.

Congratulations!
Reply 50
Original post by Charlotte's Web
No, unconditional is as it appears - unconditional.

Congratulations!

it makes no sense but i got in.

btw could the university change my unconditional offer and decline me.
both my insurent and firm accepted me, so i feel like they didnt make a mistake but it still at the back of my mind.

Also i didnt even recieve or send my gcse results, yet they both gave me an unconditonal offer. i am speechless.

BUT i feel like it will be taken away from me somehow.
Reply 51
i just realise you answered my unconditonal question.
Original post by mnak
it makes no sense but i got in.

btw could the university change my unconditional offer and decline me.
both my insurent and firm accepted me, so i feel like they didnt make a mistake but it still at the back of my mind.

Also i didnt even recieve or send my gcse results, yet they both gave me an unconditonal offer. i am speechless.

BUT i feel like it will be taken away from me somehow.

Relax, celebrate, you're in. Well done :smile:
Original post by mnak
I hope i get into uni.
im cant go to sleep.
im almost 100% positive that if i get the grades i need for my A levels, my offer will remain conditional until gcse results day.

BTW is there any chance i can get into university with english literature instead of language- because i got a B in english lit.

Hi, I hope you got the A Level grades you were expecting... and some sleep :smile:

It's likely that a University will accept GCSE English Literature in place of GCSE English Language although it'll depend on a variety of factors. I'd suggest giving the University a call and asking them the question.

Best of luck!

Sam
Reply 54
you know what. im going to sleep, relax and see where this all takes me
Reply 55
Original post by Sarnez

So did you get an unconditional offer/
Reply 56
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi, I hope you got the A Level grades you were expecting... and some sleep :smile:

It's likely that a University will accept GCSE English Literature in place of GCSE English Language although it'll depend on a variety of factors. I'd suggest giving the University a call and asking them the question.

Best of luck!

Sam

Okay, what if i ask and they decline my offer or something.
i dont want to lose my offer, what if they say they made a mistake and reject me.
Reply 57
Original post by mnak
So did you get an unconditional offer/

yeah i got unconditional offers.
Reply 58
So I was wondering if you could help I am retaking my GCSE English language and maths. Would you say it effects getting offers from university?
Original post by Vee2411
So I was wondering if you could help I am retaking my GCSE English language and maths. Would you say it effects getting offers from university?

If you don’t meet their Eng and Maths requirements now, then any offer you receive may be conditional on obtaining required grades in your GCSE’s also. It’s unlikely to make a difference as to whether you receive offer or not, (assuming you are not applying for Oxbridge or something similarly competitive).

Latest

Trending

Trending