The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Help

I go to icrgu in Robert Gordon but the thing is that I'm not socially happy. I have an opportunity to go to another university in Leicester were I could be okay. I'm thinking about the educational and social difference if it's s good Idea to move . Please HELP!!!!!!
Original post by Ellasgok
I go to icrgu in Robert Gordon but the thing is that I'm not socially happy. I have an opportunity to go to another university in Leicester were I could be okay. I'm thinking about the educational and social difference if it's s good Idea to move . Please HELP!!!!!!

Have you worked out why you arent happy? Is it the uni, is ot just you were unlucky, your accommodation or you just didnt click with anyone?

Do you think it might improve?

You need to understand all the factors that are making you unhappy and maybe talk to student welfare in case you cam change things. I'm assuming you are a first year and just havent made fiends so are lonely?.

If you feel it isnt the place for you and you want to transfer then you need to do research and find out where else might take you. Will you start year 1 again or is it a transfer? Will they accept? they normally ask for decent exam results and a reference.

Dont just restrict yourself to Leicester, but have a look round.

Do get on a train;/ coach and visit on an open day or just informally to get a feel for the place.
Do post in the Leicester forums to ask students what they think.
It may or may not be for you. Its a chance to change things, but it could also be grass is greener syndrome and you face the same challenges at your new place as your old.

Be aware if its a transfer then its more of a challenge to make friends, but not impossible. This is because people know each other from year 1 and have already established friendship groups. If you are confident and sociable then you should manage fine, if you are shy and wont make an effort to talk to people then you might find it difficult. If you are an international student then try contacting their international department or societies to see what other foreign students think.

So my advice is do your research and find out as much as possible about your intended choice before committing. It can work and be a great idea, but it isnt guaranteed. Ty and do it now before the exam results come out and unis are quiet.
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending