The Student Room Group

What do you do when you're bored in lessons?

I get up to a lot of stupid things.
What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
What about you guys?

Such as?

Back at school I would just doodle at the back of my school planner.
Reply 2
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
What about you guys?

I realise that I'm Asian and can't afford to get bored.
Eat sweets :u: I used to keep a stash in my pocket.

Doodle pictures of people I hated in the class and show them to my friends.

Sometimes fly the odd aeroplane or two and blame it on some bully :dontknow:
Try to teach
In Chemistry lessons me and my friend used to either talk about random stuff, play 'baseball' (i.e. used a ruler to try to whack shards of another broken ruler at the clock), continue carving through the desk with scissors, chuck balls of paper back and forth at other people in the class or, in practicals, get every single chemical in the cupboard and mix them together, topping it off with a sh*t tonne of universal indicator.

Yes, we were that bored. There are a lot of things to do if you're bored enough. Not so easy if you're sitting with someone you don't know though. In my last year of school though I cared so little about my other subjects that I spent every Physics lesson working on random maths problems I found online, which was fun for me but maybe not so much for non-mathematicians.
think dirty things :h:
Read ahead in the textbook
Draw penises on the desks and other people's folders.
Reply 9
Original post by IrrationalRoot
In Chemistry lessons me and my friend used to either talk about random stuff, play 'baseball' (i.e. used a ruler to try to whack shards of another broken ruler at the clock), continue carving through the desk with scissors, chuck balls of paper back and forth at other people in the class or, in practicals, get every single chemical in the cupboard and mix them together, topping it off with a sh*t tonne of universal indicator.

Yes, we were that bored. There are a lot of things to do if you're bored enough. Not so easy if you're sitting with someone you don't know though. In my last year of school though I cared so little about my other subjects that I spent every Physics lesson working on random maths problems I found online, which was fun for me but maybe not so much for non-mathematicians.

A little juvenile. :laugh: What other subjects did you take?
Original post by S2M
A little juvenile. :laugh: What other subjects did you take?

Well this was at GCSE... I assume you mean at GCSE? I took Maths, English, the sciences, Spanish, History, Business Studies (lol) Latin.
Yeah I wasn't joking when I said I didn't pay any attention in lessons and just crammed it all last minute. Every single predicted grade was wrong lol. Can't blame them - did terribly in mocks because they weren't close enough to the exams.
think about life, go on my phone, talk to people
Reply 12
Well this was at GCSE... I assume you mean at GCSE? I took Maths, English, the sciences, Spanish, History, Business Studies (lol) Latin.
Yeah I wasn't joking when I said I didn't pay any attention in lessons and just crammed it all last minute. Every single predicted grade was wrong lol. Can't blame them - did terribly in mocks because they weren't close enough to the exams.

So lucky. I can't cram to save my life, just end up failing. Business sounds boring what about at A-Level, what did you take?
Original post by harrythomas14
Draw penises on the desks and other people's folders.

This except in my friends excercise book instead of folder although I might have done that too.

Also I made what I thought then were hilarious edits to the books The Cay (guess what I renamed that to) and Of Mice and Men.
Original post by S2M
So lucky. I can't cram to save my life, just end up failing. Business sounds boring what about at A-Level, what did you take?

Chem at AS, Physics and M/FM for the full A Level.
Reply 15
Original post by TeachChemistry
Try to teach

Can't get bored in a chemistry lesson
Reply 16
Chem at AS, Physics and M/FM for the full A Level.

Oh ok. How did you find them?
I zone out, and then realise after about 10 minutes that I've been staring at a bin or something for the entire time.
Original post by S2M
Oh ok. How did you find them?

Way easier than GCSE, that's for sure. Especially M/FM of course. So I spent most of Year 13 almost exclusively preparing for an admissions test. Year 12 though I still had to try hard because I needed very high UMS in everything. Didn't matter in the end though.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
This except in my friends excercise book instead of folder although I might have done that too.

Also I made what I thought then were hilarious edits to the books The Cay (guess what I renamed that to) and Of Mice and Men.

Ahh quality! It was also obligatory to brand the inside cover of every Mice and Men copy with 'George shoots Lennie', too.

Quick Reply

Latest