The Student Room Group

How the **** do I get rid off this creepy guy?

A few months ago I've made a massive mistake by replying to his FB message - because he put a lot of effort into it and so on. We talked quite a few times since then but I was just trying to be friendly, I talk to tons of people on fb and insta. But I think he got the wrong idea. He's now acting as if we are good friends (or more because he's often jealous and possessive even though he knows I'm taken!) and it's annoying as hell.
He won't stop messaging me, he constantly sends me pictures, he won't shut up about his problems, and daily life, crap like what he's been up to etc etc etc. I've been doing everything in my power to discourage him, like super short replies, showing that I don't give a ****, not replying for daaaays but it's not working. I think he might have some kind of mental problem.
I'm too nice to block him, though, because he hasn't really done anything bad. But I find him so clingy and disgusting. I'm getting stalkerish vibes from him, too, which terrifies me. What do I do? I want to block him but I'm too nice to do that. How do I discourage him from talking to me if ignoring him isn't really working that well?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Block him

/thread
Reply 2
Original post by Ezisola
Block him

/thread

How about you read my post first?
Original post by Ciel.
A few months ago I've made a massive mistake by replying to his FB message - because he put a lot of effort into it and so on. We talked quite a few times since then but I was just trying to be friendly, I talk to tons of people on fb and insta. But I think he got the wrong idea. He's now acting as if we are good friends (or more because he's often jealous and possessive even though he knows I'm taken!) and it's annoying as hell.
He won't stop messaging me, he constantly sends me pictures, he won't shut up about his problems, and daily life, crap like what he's been up to etc etc etc. I've been doing everything in my power to discourage him, like super short replies, showing that I don't give a ****, not replying for daaaays but it's not working. I think he might have some kind of mental problem.
I'm too nice to block him, though, because he hasn't really done anything bad. But I find him so clingy and disgusting. I'm getting stalkerish vibes from him, too, which terrifies me. What do I do? I want to block him but I'm too nice to do that. How do I discourage him from talking to me if ignoring him isn't really working that well?

Block him, he should hopefully get the idea that u ain't interested :wink:

Edit : I have already read ur post about u being too nice to do that, well sometimes u need to be kinda heartless to.
(edited 6 years ago)
invite him to a threesome
Reply 5
Original post by Ryanthom100
Block him, he should hopefully get the idea that u ain't interested :wink:

I can't bring myself to do it. Idk, I'm just too ****ing kind to block him even though I want to. And I'm worried that he will slander me on PLL as a way of revenge :laugh:
Original post by cloudyeyes
invite him to a threesome

ugh, stop. I'm not that much of a hoe :colonhash:
If you really do start to feel threatened you should definitely just block him.
If you keep replying then it will make him think you are interested he is kind of infatuated with you/ stalking you so is not thinking like a normal person. You have to be very clear that you are not interested.
Reply 8
Original post by Ciel.
How about you read my post first?

I did and it left only one resolution, sorry you don't want to hear it.
Don't just "discourage" him, make it explicitly clear that you're not interested, then block him/ignore him. Blocking him outright may make him more stalkerish as it may prompt him to find you elsewhere.
(edited 6 years ago)
Blocking him is the only option.
Reply 11
Original post by karl pilkington
If you keep replying then it will make him think you are interested he is kind of infatuated with you/ stalking you so is not thinking like a normal person. You have to be very clear that you are not interested.

****... I guess you are right. Why the f am I such a creep magnet. WHY. What do you think I should say to him, though? I don't wanna come off as rude or arrogant. If I say that i'm not interested in him romantically, he will probably be like 'BUT I JUST WANNA BE FRIENDS' But I don't want to be friends with him, either.
Original post by Ciel.

Well just ignore his messages then, if u can, mute ur chat with him so u don't get notifications. If u really want to tho u can leave his messages on read, he should hopefully get the idea. OR pm me his name, then I will just msg him a lecture about knowing when a girl isn't interested :wink:
Original post by Ciel.
****... I guess you are right. Why the f am I such a creep magnet. WHY. What do you think I should say to him, though? I don't wanna come off as rude or arrogant. If I say that i'm not interested in him romantically, he will probably be like 'BUT I JUST WANNA BE FRIENDS' But I don't want to be friends with him, either.

Well, sometimes you have to be assertive and blunt to get the point across.
Reply 14
Original post by _gcx
Don't just "discourage" him, make it explicitly clear that you're not interested, then block him/ignore him. Blocking him outright may make him more stalkerish as it may prompt him to find you elsewhere.

Original post by Tiger Rag
Blocking him is the only option.

Omg guys I'm such a pussy, idk why is this so difficult for me. I think maybe I will just stick to ignoring him for now then? Because i'm scared that even if i man up and block him, he will just make another account or worse, ****ing slander me

Original post by Ryanthom100
Well just ignore his messages then, if u can, mute ur chat with him so u don't get notifications. If u really want to tho u can leave his messages on read, he should hopefully get the idea. OR pm me his name, then I will just msg him a lecture about knowing when a girl isn't interested :wink:

I'm a guy, sorry! : < but that's super kind of you ^_^ I think i will stick to ignoring him then...
Reply 15
Original post by _gcx
Well, sometimes you have to be assertive and blunt to get the point across.

Yeah... but I struggle with that A LOT :////
Original post by Ciel.
Omg guys I'm such a pussy, idk why is this so difficult for me. I think maybe I will just stick to ignoring him for now then? Because i'm scared that even if i man up and block him, he will just make another account or worse, ****ing slander me

I do get your point. Someone did the same to me. I kept rejecting his requests and blocking him. I'm sure I reported him to FB too, who weren't interested. He gave up after several months and goodness knows how many accounts.
Original post by Ciel.

You have to stop worrying about being 'rude' men are not as sensitive or as subtle as men. Also he will keep rationalising everything you say as you being still into him as he is infatuated. Just write 'I am sorry but can you stop messaging me as I am not interested in you in any way'. If he continues threaten to call the police. Also he has probably done this before.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.

Just block him, youre probably never going to see him irl anyway. I don't really accept the excuse that you're "too nice", everyone needs to be tough if they want to act within their own best interests. If youre adamant about not blocking him, just keep deleting his messages / turn off his message notifications and just stop replying completely, instead of being short with him.
forget niceness... block him.... if you cant do that just ignore him

Latest