The Student Room Group

PPE Oxford Application feedback/opinions

^^
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
You're application seems good, those intro books (are they called a 'A Very short intro to...' by any chance?) arent very impressive, you'll need to read a lot more than just those. If you look online you can find some good reading lists for PPE.

The biggest issue would be that you haven't done an essay based subject like English, Histroy, Poltics, Economics, Philiosphy, even Geography.. I'm not sure how you'd over come this since essays at GCSE vary a lot from those at A-level especially at A2 level... my advice would be to take up an AS in History (you cant do just an AS in politics, philosophy or economics, they'll wonder why you didnt take it to A2 considering its what you want to do for the next 3 years). On the economics side you're all good with the maths skills, its just the essay skills you need to demonstrate in your application. I'm not sure if the EPQ would do this or not.

Although I just remembered you have to do an Essay for the enterence exam, you could aim to just smash that instead.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
^^
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending