The Student Room Group

Clearing help

I applied for architecture but I want to change to History I have to go through clearing right?? can anyone give me a guide on what I should do now and what I should do on results day because Im clueless
Original post by maccaism
I applied for architecture but I want to change to History I have to go through clearing right?? can anyone give me a guide on what I should do now and what I should do on results day because Im clueless

Does your firm offer history? If so do you want to go there
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Does your firm offer history? If so do you want to go there

Yeah they do, my firm is Kent. But I want to go to a London UNI
Yeah they do, my firm is Kent. But I want to go to a London UNI

Right, you need to contact your firm and insurance and ask that they put you into clearing in time for results day.
Reply 4
Right, you need to contact your firm and insurance and ask that they put you into clearing in time for results day.

Do I email them? And what do I do afterwards
Do I email them? And what do I do afterwards

Call them and take the names of whoever you speak to. Then you wait till results day and apply through clearing.
Reply 6
Call them and take the names of whoever you speak to. Then you wait till results day and apply through clearing.

Okay thank you - I don't know if you'd know this but would UCL be somewhat flexible and allow people through clearing even though they say they don't. Is it still worth it to just give them a call?
Okay thank you - I don't know if you'd know this but would UCL be somewhat flexible and allow people through clearing even though they say they don't. Is it still worth it to just give them a call?

If they say they don't it's unlikely that there's any places unless suddenly something happens to an applicant and there's a singular place left so they don't want to officially advertise in clearing.
Reply 8
If they say they don't it's unlikely that there's any places unless suddenly something happens to an applicant and there's a singular place left so they don't want to officially advertise in clearing.

Thanks for all your help. I've called up my unis, and sorted it out. What shall I have on me/written down on results day that I might need when I call up the unis via clearing?
Thanks for all your help. I've called up my unis, and sorted it out. What shall I have on me/written down on results day that I might need when I call up the unis via clearing?

Your results, clearing number and some pointers as to why you want to do the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending