The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker and Child of one

Hello,
I am a EU citizen living in the U.K for three years I have made an application to student finance as a migrant worker myself as I have been working for 3 years in the same company. My parents have also been living and working in the u.k for 3 years, however my father has lived and worked here before we decided to move to the U.K. I have applied since June and I am due to receive a reply in the first week of August, if I don't qualify as a migrant worker, will approval of my application be delayed if I were to apply under my parents? It's just that I start my second year in October and I want to know if I'll receive a decision in time for it.
Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shamza97
Hello,
I am a EU citizen living in the U.K for three years I have made an application to student finance as a migrant worker myself as I have been working for 3 years in the same company. My parents have also been living and working in the u.k for 3 years, however my father has lived and worked here before we decided to move to the U.K. I have applied since June and I am due to receive a reply in the first week of August, if I don't qualify as a migrant worker, will approval of my application be delayed if I were to apply under my parents? It's just that I start my second year in October and I want to know if I'll receive a decision in time for it.
Thank you

Hi shamza97,

If you were rejected as MW in your own right you could then apply as the child of a MW, and once the evidence of that was received it will still fall under normal MW timescales.

The MW teams current timescales are 17 working days.

Warm regards.
Reply 2
Oh ok that sounds great, meaning I could have it in time for October. I haven't been rejected yet, I'll just wait around for a reply next week.
Hi shamza97

As long as we have the evidence and documents then yeah it will be processed in time of your course starting. If you go onto your online account you will be able to view the status of your application.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest