Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Two of my female friends have got their 18ths coming up. Any ideas on what I can get them (got about £50 to spend). One of them is my best friend, and the other I don't speak to much but I'd like to get her something because we used to be close. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    a lottery ticket!

oh yeah, that's for 16 year olds
    proper ID?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    a lottery ticket!

oh yeah, that's for 16 year olds
    proper ID?
    Did you cook the Marrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Did you cook the Marrow?
    Oi ladyboy! Don't you go hijacking my thread! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Did you cook the Marrow?
    yep. i'll revive the other thread, better not hijack aimee's here.

ReputationRep:
    Or did you throw it away???

Get your friends marrows!! What better eighteenth gift is there? I want a marrow for my birthday now... But I'll have to wait 11 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Oi ladyboy! Don't you go hijacking my thread! :mad:

pfft...not if you call me ladyboy...

*hijacks thread some more*

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, though, buy them lots and lots of drinks...

ReputationRep:
    So... any ideas that aren't marrows?

ReputationRep:
    So... any ideas that aren't marrows?

erm...tickets to see someone/something you/they like?

sorry, I'm shite at presents...which is why I never buy any

ReputationRep:
    Expensive clothes

Cd's, dvd's, make up, gift voucher for a beauty salon...

ReputationRep:
    buy them one of those lesson vouchers... i can't remember where i've seen them.

the voucher gives you one hr learning to drive a tank/go in a balloon/cross country rallying etc

but a marrow is the best idea. it's the cheapest of all those mentioend so far :cool:

ReputationRep:
    How about silver ID bracelets with their name on the front and a message from you on the back? Should be able to get them for about 20 quid each for a good size.

ReputationRep:
    Knuckledusters. Cheap and cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Knuckledusters. Cheap and cheerful.

*Buys 100 Knuckledusters ready for Christmas*

ReputationRep:
    those lessons you were talking about are red letter days and they used to sell them in Boots.
    i got my friend a package at a photographers- it sounds odd, but they had a stand in a shopping centre and as they were just setting up in our area, they were offering packages that normally cost a few hundred for a lot less- she got half a day, went along with her bro and got some really nice pictures of them together.
    or you could do a really nice homemade thing like a photo album/ clipboard with lots of photos of stuff you've done together.
    and for the person who you used to know, try a bottle of champers and a nice pair of earrings or similar.
    or....the list carries on...tickets to a comedy act/ night that you could got to all together, then you get to enjoy it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflew)
    those lessons you were talking about are red letter days and they used to sell them in Boots.
    i got my friend a package at a photographers- it sounds odd, but they had a stand in a shopping centre and as they were just setting up in our area, they were offering packages that normally cost a few hundred for a lot less- she got half a day, went along with her bro and got some really nice pictures of them together.
    or you could do a really nice homemade thing like a photo album/ clipboard with lots of photos of stuff you've done together.
    and for the person who you used to know, try a bottle of champers and a nice pair of earrings or similar.
    or....the list carries on...tickets to a comedy act/ night that you could got to all together, then you get to enjoy it too!
    Thanks for the first sensible suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the first sensible suggestion
    What's not sensible about Marrows? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    the first sensible suggestion

ReputationRep:
    What's not sensible about Marrows? :eek:
    *Spank* Bad girl!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.