When do we get our Access Course results?

Watch
Hedwig2189
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I did an access course at College and finished in May this year. When do I get my results? I know I've passed as I only got 2 merits and the rest distinctions and all I had to do was to pass the course to get into uni. So I'm not worried about getting the grades, but when do access course results come out/get sent?
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could be any time in the next three weeks. When I did mine, they told us we'd get official results in July, but they didn't come until the 3rd week of August.
jamiejay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess it depends on the awarding body. I received my certificates a couple weeks ago. You could contact the college and ask?
Rattie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm Ascentis, and our college told us they "should" get the certificates around 1st August but that they'd send a letter (on paper, in an envelope, that gets pushed through a hole in the door, because they seem to have failed to notice the 21st century happening) when they were available to collect.
Wanderlust96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rattie)
I'm Ascentis, and our college told us they "should" get the certificates around 1st August but that they'd send a letter (on paper, in an envelope, that gets pushed through a hole in the door, because they seem to have failed to notice the 21st century happening) when they were available to collect.
That's good to know, I'm Ascentis too and I had no idea when to expect it!
BigYoSpeck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hedwig2189)
I did an access course at College and finished in May this year. When do I get my results? I know I've passed as I only got 2 merits and the rest distinctions and all I had to do was to pass the course to get into uni. So I'm not worried about getting the grades, but when do access course results come out/get sent?
It'll vary by awards body and college. Mine was from Open Awards and I got my diploma on Thursday in the post which had an award date of 13/07/2017.
KristinaMaria
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
According to the Uni I want to go to, they receive all results on the 31st of July so fingers crossed it'll all go through tomorrow!

Has anyone had any experience with Aim Awards and their timing?
Durhamgirl96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Our awarding body was One Awards and we received ours two weeks ago. I doubt they'd take much longer, as your course ended a few weeks ago.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KMLeeson)
According to the Uni I want to go to, they receive all results on the 31st of July so fingers crossed it'll all go through tomorrow!

Has anyone had any experience with Aim Awards and their timing?
Ucas receive all the access results on the 1 August. Universities don't get them until a few days later bundled in with the Scottish results.
KristinaMaria
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ucas receive all the access results on the 1 August. Universities don't get them until a few days later bundled in with the Scottish results.
Oh okay, they must have been mistaken with the dates
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh okay, they must have been mistaken with the dates
If Ucas get them on the 1 August then that means they're all done and dusted and finalised on the 31 July so there's a core of truth in that date.
BigYoSpeck
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
For some odd reason, The University of Leeds emailed me to tell me they don't receive the results directly through UCAS and asked me to email them all the results that made up the conditions of my offer.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BigYoSpeck)
For some odd reason, The University of Leeds emailed me to tell me they don't receive the results directly through UCAS and asked me to email them all the results that made up the conditions of my offer.
Ucas only started sending them through a few years ago - and don't send through full modules results. They're sending through credits at each level (d/m/p) for the first time this year.

Tbh Ucas don't have a ****ing clue about access courses and don't seem interested in getting any better.

I would always go belt and braces and send through access results directly instead of relying upon ucas.
LucaLucazades
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I collect my results from college on the 3rd of August. My awarding body was CAVA.
BigYoSpeck
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ucas only started sending them through a few years ago - and don't send through full modules results. They're sending through credits at each level (d/m/p) for the first time this year.

Tbh Ucas don't have a ****ing clue about access courses and don't seem interested in getting any better.

I would always go belt and braces and send through access results directly instead of relying upon ucas.
That makes more sense then as my conditional offer was for grades in specific modules on my course. Though strictly speaking if they send how many credits are achieved at each level that would still have made Leeds aware of my having achieved their requirements.

Thanks
KristinaMaria
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it depends on the Uni as well, I sent through my results weeks ago but they said that they would only accept me once UCAS confirmed my results which is a shame as I've known for almost a month what I've got!
LucaLucazades
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it depends on the Uni as well, I sent through my results weeks ago but they said that they would only accept me once UCAS confirmed my results which is a shame as I've known for almost a month what I've got!
Yeah, same. I took a photograph of my results at moderation and sent them directly to my University. However, they said that they could only accept the official results sent by the awarding body.
Wanderlust96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone else stressed that they won't get their results in time to be eligible for accommodation? Cos i'm sure as **** freaking out. First my Uni says they can get results through UCAS, now they want a transcript which I can't get hold of because my teacher is on annual leave until late August!!! I've contacted the Uni, my college and the awarding body and gotten nothing back! No one seems to know what's going on!!!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Maplebee92)
So track is now suspended until the 08 August. Was hoping track would be updated sometime this week as I was told UCAS had our results from our awarding body on the 31st.
UCAS got them - they haven't yet sent them through to universities and Track is now frozen until Scottish results day.
Jules45
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes same here but I'm not short on my credits when according to my sign off paperwork I was 3 credits over. So not happy. Can I appeal I wonder?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads