The Student Room Group

When do we get our Access Course results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was signed off from college my paperwork shows I had 60 credits which was 3 more than I needed for my uni place I was offered. Now my CAVA results have come through and I am in fact 3 credits short to get my place. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? As I was assured I hadmore than enough credits. Feeling really annoyed right now 😡
Original post by Jules45
I was signed off from college my paperwork shows I had 60 credits which was 3 more than I needed for my uni place I was offered. Now my CAVA results have come through and I am in fact 3 credits short to get my place. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? As I was assured I hadmore than enough credits. Feeling really annoyed right now 😡

Talk to the uni.

I am not exactly sure what you mean, anyway. Do you mean you didn't get enough at merit or distinction, or you don't even have 60 at pass?
Original post by Jules45

All Access courses are only 60 credits?
Original post by Wanderlust96
Is anyone else stressed that they won't get their results in time to be eligible for accommodation? Cos i'm sure as **** freaking out. First my Uni says they can get results through UCAS, now they want a transcript which I can't get hold of because my teacher is on annual leave until late August!!! I've contacted the Uni, my college and the awarding body and gotten nothing back! No one seems to know what's going on!!! :angry:

Hi Wanderlust,

I'm very stressed about accommodation. Even when I do receive my results, I have to wait for my Occupational Screening to be completed. This could take up to the end of August, bearing in mind that my course starts earlier than other courses. Hopefully, it all works out though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jules45

Access courses should be 60 credits. Usually 45 marked as pass/merit/distinction and 15 ungraded.
My certificate arrived on July 1st (my course ended on June 16th) and my offer was upgraded to unconditional 2 weeks later
Reply 26
Mine arrived at college yesterday (Ascentis). I found out about ten minutes too late for me to pick it up as I left to go on holiday :frown: so I have to wait until I get back <wail>
Original post by Rattie
Mine arrived at college yesterday (Ascentis). I found out about ten minutes too late for me to pick it up as I left to go on holiday :frown: so I have to wait until I get back <wail>

The Access results aren't subject to UCAS embargo on results - so your university might be happy to tell you you results (in terms of number of units at P/M/D - we don't get the details of which units were which) if you ask them
Original post by Rattie

Original post by PQ
The Access results aren't subject to UCAS embargo on results - so your university might be happy to tell you you results (in terms of number of units at P/M/D - we don't get the details of which units were which) if you ask them

My university asked me to send a scanned copy of my results and when they received them they updated my offer to unconditional.
Original post by BigYoSpeck
My university asked me to send a scanned copy of my results and when they received them they updated my offer to unconditional.

Is this a common thing to happen? The university changing a conditional to an unconditional upon receiving Acccess results?
Original post by pear9735
Is this a common thing to happen? The university changing a conditional to an unconditional upon receiving Acccess results?

Yes, that's standard practice. It means your place is confirmed.
Original post by pear9735

That's how all positions are confirmed for any qualification. All that was different with mine was they got them from me rather than through UCAS because they needed to check my specific module grades not just overall.
Reply 32
Thanks PQ, I'll give it a go - I've emailed Birmingham, but I'm guessing they'll stay on the safe side and not tell me. I don't know if it'll be general knowledge that there's no embargo on them?
Still waiting with no word! Bit upset because my relatives & boyfriend's family are asking if I'm in and I can't say yes for certain :frown: I guess I will have to wait until next week :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Questioning_Ella
Still waiting with no word! Bit upset because my relatives & boyfriend's family are asking if I'm in and I can't say yes for certain :frown: I guess I will have to wait until next week :frown:

Email your provider if I were you. I got an email from my University telling me they had everyone's access results apart from mine! Turned out my college, for some reason I can't begin to understand, hadn't deemed it important enough to send my results off. Now everything's on hold with track being suspended for a week and no word from college or Uni on whether or not i'm in. Double check that your results have even been processed.
Original post by Wanderlust96
Email your provider if I were you. I got an email from my University telling me they had everyone's access results apart from mine! Turned out my college, for some reason I can't begin to understand, hadn't deemed it important enough to send my results off. Now everything's on hold with track being suspended for a week and no word from college or Uni on whether or not i'm in. Double check that your results have even been processed.

I called them and apparently it is the exam board who is not giving the certificates to the college. Not really sure what to do.
Original post by Questioning_Ella
I called them and apparently it is the exam board who is not giving the certificates to the college. Not really sure what to do.

Have you applied to Uni through UCAS? They should be in control of passing results on to Universities. I still can't get a straight answer form anybody, they're all placing the blame on each other. I keep getting passed around in circles until I end up on the phone to the same person I started with!
My place was confirmed through UCAS this week, but still no certificate. Hopefully that means it's coming one of these day.
Reply 38
My first choice still hasn't confirmed me even though I got the grades I need :frown: I wish they would just confirm me - even though I know I got in it's still hard knowing it's not certain yet! <paranoid> I wonder if they like to wait until after A levels and confirm everyone at once.
Original post by Rattie
My first choice still hasn't confirmed me even though I got the grades I need :frown: I wish they would just confirm me - even though I know I got in it's still hard knowing it's not certain yet! <paranoid> I wonder if they like to wait until after A levels and confirm everyone at once.

I'm hoping this is the case, since my place still hasn't been confirmed either. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending