The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine - humanities graduate

I'm a humanities graduate who is hoping to apply for GEM courses for 2019 entry. I'm starting my prep for both GAMSAT and UKCAT at the moment but I'm prioritising GAMSAT because it's the exam required for 3 out of my 4 choices. I've not done science since GCSE so I'm very out of touch with scientific study! I'm currently feeling overwhelmed and not really sure where to begin as there is so much for me to learn. Has anyone been in a similar position and could recommend a good place to start? Thanks so much for your help!
Can you do graduate medicine after a humanities degree?
Reply 2
Original post by redhelen
Can you do graduate medicine after a humanities degree?

You can, but only to a few med schools
Original post by Engaw94
I'm a humanities graduate who is hoping to apply for GEM courses for 2019 entry. I'm starting my prep for both GAMSAT and UKCAT at the moment but I'm prioritising GAMSAT because it's the exam required for 3 out of my 4 choices. I've not done science since GCSE so I'm very out of touch with scientific study! I'm currently feeling overwhelmed and not really sure where to begin as there is so much for me to learn. Has anyone been in a similar position and could recommend a good place to start? Thanks so much for your help!

GAMSAT has 3 sections. Sections 1 and 2 might be your natural strengths as they are (mostly) verbal reasoning and essay writing respectively. This will be helpful for bumping up your overall score. Section 3 will be your biggest focus. Best resources to start with: read Griffiths GAMSAT Review, study A level revision books for Chem Bio and Physics, watch Khan Academy video tutorials, watch Leah4Sci on Youtube's MCAT maths playlist, and do many many many practice questions. Closer to the exam, do these under the huge time pressures you'll have in the real test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending