Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Dear sir/madam,

I have received my IB results and got 20 points in total. My results for each subject are:
    English HL: 4
    Biology HL: 3
    Geography HL: 3
    Spanish ab initio SL: 4
    Chemistry SL: 3
    Maths SL: 3

I would like to ask a few questions regarding so.
    1. If I am to do the retakes, which subjects would I need to redo since I passed them all?
    2. Can I chose which subjects I want to retake?
    3. What would you recommend for my situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adel99)
    Dear sir/madam,

I have received my IB results and got 20 points in total. My results for each subject are:
    English HL: 4
    Biology HL: 3
    Geography HL: 3
    Spanish ab initio SL: 4
    Chemistry SL: 3
    Maths SL: 3

I would like to ask a few questions regarding so.
    1. If I am to do the retakes, which subjects would I need to redo since I passed them all?
    2. Can I chose which subjects I want to retake?
    3. What would you recommend for my situation?
    1. You'd need to retake your HL's so that you have 12 points, or else you are still failing, as well as 12 points in your SL's
    2. Yes
    3. Retake all of them (if you want to) and study from now all the way until the exams in November

Ask if you need any help

cemsimon x

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I say you retake the subjects which you will need in university and try to achieve good grades in those. Also, have you tried to send your exams to be remarked? Sometimes you get a grade or two higher than the first time.

Good luck! PM me if you need anymore help

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.