The Student Room Group

Wearing flats/comfy footware rather than heels helps make people a little safer?

Im only 5ft and have always worn flats or comfortable shoes/even black trainers on nights out firstly because i cant walk in heels but secondly so that if someone attempts to attack me when walking to the bus stop/for taxi/home i can get away easily (i train at sprinting). I dont drink too much so should be able to do this lol. Do any of you wear comfy footware for this reason though? It just makes me feel more secure. Then again for people who drink a lot they will still be as vunerable whatever they wear. I mean people can wear what they like but maybe it is something for women to bear in mind even when walking alone during the day alongside being aware and other safety precautions etc. Or do you think it would make no difference?
Omg I was just about to comment that!
Don't like wearing heels mostly because i won't be able to run if someone is tryna attack me. And if I take them off and run on my bare feet then what if the floor is covered with stones and stuff? I might bleed. And it's super uncomfortable to walk in. I'm already tall but I do think high heels makes me feel pretty (even tho I never wear em) when I do at home, it's nice. I'm always boots or flats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending