The Student Room Group

Parents are paying my College Fees need info!

Hello

My name is Dan and I've received an unconditional offer for Animal Management and Science at Lackham College

Unfortunately, I've already gone through university (support by SF loan) and I will most likely not receive another loan to support my education. I don't have the finances to cover my tuition fee but my parents have thankfully offered to pay for my course (of which I'll pay back in future)

I have 2 questions: 1) How do my parents go about paying for my college fee and 2) will they have to pay all together or in monthly payments ?

I have spent days trying to scour the internet for information but end up getting unrelated topics. If this forum can give me the answers I will be most grateful for the info!

Dan
Original post by Shadan426
Hello

My name is Dan and I've received an unconditional offer for Animal Management and Science at Lackham College

Unfortunately, I've already gone through university (support by SF loan) and I will most likely not receive another loan to support my education. I don't have the finances to cover my tuition fee but my parents have thankfully offered to pay for my course (of which I'll pay back in future)

I have 2 questions: 1) How do my parents go about paying for my college fee and 2) will they have to pay all together or in monthly payments ?

I have spent days trying to scour the internet for information but end up getting unrelated topics. If this forum can give me the answers I will be most grateful for the info!

Dan

Is there anything on the college website about how to pay your fees and when? If not, you'll have to contact the college and ask them.
Original post by Shadan426
Hello

Dan

Hi Dan,

How long did you receive support with SFE for? Did you complete your studies at University?

When paying the University/College directly it is best to speak to them to see what sort of arrangements can be made.

Warm regards.
Reply 3
Hi guys thanks for the quick response!

Tiger Rag - I looked all over the place on the college and student finance website but the majority of info is for taking out student loans or finding other means of finance apart from what I'm after.

Shaun - I did 3 years at Swansea Metropolitan (now Trinity St David) in 2010 and completed my degree in Video (TV & Film Production) in 2013. I would prefer to take another loan rather than have my parents pay for it but as I was told at the Lackham open event and from what I've researched, it's most likely the case that I won't receive additional support.

I will contact the college in the meantime on how to pay for the course and see if they'll help me out.

Sincerely,

Dan
Normally this would be down to the individual university, on both counts. Some have a specific method for others to pay the fees separately, while some may require your parents to transfer the funds to you and you to do it. Some will require it upfront in the same instalments as they would normally receive from SFE, others may be amenable to arranging payment plans (e.g. monthly).

You would need to speak to the course provider directly to know for certain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending