I'm going to fail Spanish because of a teacher

Watch
kateparkinson24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a really bad and stressy Spanish teacher and in the year he's taught my class we've barely covered two chapters out of eight. The majority of the class has taught themselves the little bit we know and even though the exam is a full school year away I am a little worried. I was just wondering if anyone have any tips or tricks on how to learn Spanish?
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Speak to the Head of Modern Languages at your school regarding your concerns.
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kateparkinson24)
I have a really bad and stressy Spanish teacher and in the year he's taught my class we've barely covered two chapters out of eight. The majority of the class has taught themselves the little bit we know and even though the exam is a full school year away I am a little worried. I was just wondering if anyone have any tips or tricks on how to learn Spanish?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Speak to the Head of Modern Languages at your school regarding your concerns.
Absolutely. The Head of Modern Languages needs to know about this and should act on it. If there is no improvement very soon after you have spoken to the Head of Department, you must - I stress, you must - speak to your Headmaster/Headmistress about it.
kateparkinson24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Anna Schoon)
Absolutely. The Head of Modern Languages needs to know about this and should act on it. If there is no improvement very soon after you have spoken to the Head of Department, you must - I stress, you must - speak to your Headmaster/Headmistress about it.
As soon as i get back to school I will do this! Several other students parents have talked to our teacher about it but i don't think anyone has thought of taking it to the head of department. Thank you
livgotlost
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kateparkinson24)
As others have said definitely speak to the head of department and the headteacher if necessary.
As for learning Spanish, I think it would be wise to start teaching yourself a little bit. I'd recommend using the textbook to find the vocab and grammar points, but if that's not possible there are apps, websites (perhaps BBC Bitesize) and YouTube which will have explanations of grammar. For vocab specific to the GCSE content try looking at the Student Room for a vocab list there or search in Quizlet (app and website) as others may have uploaded vocab for your course.
Learning general vocabulary will be helpful if you don't have access to a textbook or just to widen your vocabulary. I'd recommend using apps like Lingvist, Memrise, Quizlet and Duolingo for this.

Sorry I couldn't provide examples of websites, I study GCSE French and German, but hopefully this helped - good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads