Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody,

im gonna start my biomedical sciences degree at kings in a few weeks and i dont really know anyone lol. im not like terrified but id rather have talked to someone. i just wanted to know if there were any people here that are going to kings esspecially on the guys campus?

thanks

bye

ReputationRep:
    King's College, London I presume?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he is.

Dont worry Rysh, there are loads of 'getting to know each other' opportunities. My tip is to sit next to people you want to know at any of your introductory sessions They make you talk to them.

They have also have a wine and cheese reception etc You are lucky in that respect being on such a huge course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Computer Science with a Year Abroad there but I'm on the Strand Campus I have been to the Guy's Campus many times for the Access to Medicine lectures during my AS year and the building looked absolutely fantastic! I have friend who is doing the Access to Medicine course at Guy's though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I'm doing Computer Science with a Year Abroad there but I'm on the Strand Campus I have been to the Guy's Campus many times for the Access to Medicine lectures during my AS year and the building looked absolutely fantastic! I have friend who is doing the Access to Medicine course at Guy's though.
    Whats wrong with the Strand Campus?? When I went, I thought it looked really nice...well, once you got past the horrible 1970s carpark front, and the maze-like layout on the inside. If you approach it from the back, you walk through the courtyard area, which is enclosed by some really attractive Victorian London townhouses- and it all backs onto the Thames, which is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Wine and cheese!!! Oooh how the other half live! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wine and cheese!!! Oooh how the other half live! :rolleyes:
    I would have been more at home with Beer and Dry roasted peanuts but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Whats wrong with the Strand Campus?? When I went, I thought it looked really nice...well, once you got past the horrible 1970s carpark front, and the maze-like layout on the inside. If you approach it from the back, you walk through the courtyard area, which is enclosed by some really attractive Victorian London townhouses- and it all backs onto the Thames, which is a bonus.
    I never said anything bad about the Strand Campus. I love it. I used because I will know one less person from UKL when I go there.

ReputationRep:
    ill be at guys. r u living out & if so have u sent off all of ur accommodation forms? il be at great dover st

ReputationRep:
    If you approach it from the back, you walk through the courtyard area, which is enclosed by some really attractive Victorian London townhouses- and it all backs onto the Thames, which is a bonus.
    I agree. Kings has some of the most stunning architecture out of all the London Colleges.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be travelling from home. Maximum half an hour by train.

ReputationRep:
    Lotus Lee, me and you in same boat then. Except I'm doing Computer Science with a year in industry. I'll Be travelling by train as well. Who know's, might be the same train. lol

Be nice to be aqquainted with someone before starting uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    I agree. Kings has some of the most stunning architecture out of all the London Colleges.
    Take a look at the virtual tour. Nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i30i3i3y)
    Lotus Lee, me and you in same boat then. Except I'm doing Computer Science with a year in industry. I'll Be travelling by train as well. Who know's, might be the same train. lol

Be nice to be aqquainted with someone before starting uni.
    Hey, that's great because one of my best friends is doing the same course as you as well! Even though we aren't doing the exact same course, I think we all still attend the same lectures and stuff for the first 2 years. Whereabouts you from then? I live in Lewisham.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be travelling in from Luton, so i guess it aint gonna be the same train.

Anyone else doing computer science around here?

ReputationRep:
    hey im doin biomed at kings as well , i dnt knw ne1 else doin the same course as me at kings, but looking forward to freshers week, is ne1 doin biomed science and movin to great dover street apartments?

ReputationRep:
    ahahah 80% of strand is a piece of crap, lets be honest. they should stop diverting all the money to those blood suckers at guy's.

ReputationRep:
    It's still amazing that KCL doesn't have its own subforum, when places like Exeter do..

ReputationRep:
    Am also doing biomedical sciences at kings. have received nothing from the university about accommadation or course. but this is prob cuz i live in the middle east & the post is slow.

ReputationRep:
    How do you get to the strand campus from the back? I'd rather walk through a nice courtyard than from the street itself.. !

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.