-History

Assuming all of equal level, from most to least:
1. Law
2. History
3. Psychology
4. Sociology
5. Journalism
6. Politics.

That's just my impression though. Probably not right tbh.
All the same.
:lolwut:

Journalism? Sociology?

You honestly think they're more employable right now than:

- Engineering
- Biological Sciences + Medicine
- Computer Science
- Education
- Maths
- Economics
- Business
Original post by BigBadAsh
:lolwut:

Journalism? Sociology?

You honestly think they're more employable right now than:

- Engineering
- Biological Sciences + Medicine
- Computer Science
- Education
- Maths
- Economics
- Business

Oh, I though OP wanted them in employability order. TBH other than Law and History OP's list is pretty dead.

Also Maths? This is the field I want to go into, and believe me, it is bleak out there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by vicvic38
Oh, I though OP wanted them in employability order. TBH other than Law and History OP's list is pretty dead.

Also Maths? This is the field I want to go into, and believe me, it is bleak out there.

I agree
and I suppose with Maths it heavily depends on what industry you choose to go down, rather than the field itself.
Technology and Computing correlates quite significantly with the demand for Maths from pre-GCSE all the way to actual careers.
Or even the financial sector, with many areas branching out into developing economies, the demand for even basic-accounting has surplus-ed.
Original post by BigBadAsh
I agree
and I suppose with Maths it heavily depends on what industry you choose to go down, rather than the field itself.
Technology and Computing correlates quite significantly with the demand for Maths from pre-GCSE all the way to actual careers.
Or even the financial sector, with many areas branching out into developing economies, the demand for even basic-accounting has surplus-ed.

The thing is, with the image of STEM careers people think you just get a job, but unless you do CS or Engineering, you have to network just like a History Grad.
Depends on yourself as an individual, what experience you have e.g. what Internships you have done, and also the uni you go to can help
- Law
-Journalism
--------- GAP ---------
Ones below are about equal
-Psyhology
-Sociology
-Politics
-History

The degrees with the best employability in no particular order:
Medicine, Dentistry, Vet medicine
Any NHS funded degree
Nursing
Any form of engineering
Computer Science
(edited 6 years ago)
Nah, journalism degrees are trash. History has far better prospects. Many PMs were history grads.
Nah, journalism degrees are trash. History has far better prospects. Many PMs were history grads.

Many PMs went to oxbridge AND had excellent family connections. The average perso doing a history degree won't have very good prospects.
You're still putting a Journalism degree above a history degree.

History graduates have a lower unemployment rate after graduation, are far more likely to end up in a relevant field, and are more likely to do further study.

Journalism Graduates go into work far sooner that history grads, but are frequently employed outside their field, in things such as bar work.
History graduates have a lower unemployment rate after graduation, are far more likely to end up in a relevant field, and are more likely to do further study.

Correlation does not imply causation.
Original post by Forecast
Correlation does not imply causation.

What?

How is that even relevant?

Correlation many not mean causation, but it is a huge neon sign that perhaps there is something different between the two cohorts.
Correlation many not mean causation, but it is a huge neon sign that perhaps there is something different between the two cohorts.

Between the cohorts. Employers don't hire people based on the characteristics of their peers.
Original post by Forecast
Between the cohorts. Employers don't hire people based on the characteristics of their peers.

I think you've missed the point here somewhat.
Reply 16
History from Oxbridge, LSE, Durham, Imperial and UCL would be very employable with relevant experience.
You're still putting a Journalism degree above a history degree.

Journalism Graduates go into work far sooner that history grads, but are frequently employed outside their field, in things such as bar work.

Why would you pay £27000 to do a degree that will give you zero practical skills? No employers care that you know who the king of the UK was in the 15th century.
Now I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about. Many History graduates go on to further study in Law, Journalism, or more history.

History gives incredibly wide prospects, with a breadth of skills taught. There's a reason it has endured all these years.

Journalism degrees rank somewhere just above Media Studies to me.
Original post by Tomm98
History from Oxbridge, LSE, Durham, Imperial and UCL would be very employable with relevant experience.

Imperial don't do History :tongue: (replace with Warwick)

Latest

Trending

Trending