Advice about university stuff

Watch
username3469242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone. I am a boy, 19 and I will be starting university this year in Aberdeen. But before I move I need to buy clothes because don't really have any good ones. But I have no idea what I should buy and how much of each item. I could really do with some advise.
And I don't have much money to spend so do you guys think stuff from H&M is good?
Thanks a lot
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just go to Primark, stuff in there is super cheap and good quality.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ASOS (.com) is your best friend :0

You can pretty easily browse the sale/reduced items from many different brands and pick the things you like from them - and they have a lot of filtering options so you don't necessarily need to go through thousands of items (although you can if you want to). Their own brand stuff is also on the whole pretty good (better quality than e.g. New Look or god forbid Primark) and fairly reasonably priced. They sell the only jeans under £60 that don't seem to be made of tissue paper. I would recommend sticking to actual shoe brands for shoes, rather than general clothing brands as they will last you longer however.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just buy clothes that you both like and can afford. You don't need a massive amount.

I hope you're not worrying about people judging what brand your clothes are, or that you don't have "enough" outfits. Because that's just ridiculous. No one who is worth a damn cares.
username3454012
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
H&M is great but quite expensive. I also rate Sports Direct and Primark. Just get a couple of pairs of trousers, a few t shirts, couple of hoodies, shoes etc. Not too much, you probably won't need a massive amount.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Boohoo Man (online) is pretty decent for clothes, and they always have discounts on and/or free next day delivery and the clothes are a reasonable price and good quality too. H&M is okay but your money wouldn't stretch as far as if you were to buy the same clothes from shops like Primark.
Graduate_Medic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by purpleman)
Hello everyone. I am a boy, 19 and I will be starting university this year in Aberdeen. But before I move I need to buy clothes because don't really have any good ones. But I have no idea what I should buy and how much of each item. I could really do with some advise.
And I don't have much money to spend so do you guys think stuff from H&M is good?
Thanks a lot
If you're really stuck:

2 jeans/trousers
2 shorts
3 t-shirts/tank tops
2 jumpers/hoodies
1 winter coat
1 jacket for mid-temperature weather
1 decent pair of shoes
1 flip flops for summer

H&M, Primark, New Look, Topman, TKMaxx are all good stores.
Hawksteinman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by purpleman)
Thanks a lot
7 different shirts, 7 different trousers, 2 pairs of shoes, 3 jackets and coats, some underwear
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For now, TK Maxx is your friend.

Remember you'll get 10% discount off loads of high street brands as soon as you get your NUS Extra card.
username3469242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks a lot guys. This helped a lot. Appreciate it
TutuAdams
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've put together a blog post with some advice for university, hope these tips help with other stuff you may need at uni! http://www.tutuadams.com/single-post...-TO-UNIVERSITY
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads