Rennae
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
I am already stressed and summer has just started because I am having trouble making history mind maps I have no idea what to put on the mind maps. I am doing medicine through time and British sector of western front and American west and I need to do the mind maps over the summer so that I can be caught up when I start year 11 in September. Can anyone help
Thanks
Rennae
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rennae)
Hi
I am already stressed and summer has just started because I am having trouble making history mind maps I have no idea what to put on the mind maps. I am doing medicine through time and British sector of western front and American west and I need to do the mind maps over the summer so that I can be caught up when I start year 11 in September. Can anyone help
Thanks
Rennae
Just buy the revision books and make the mind maps from those.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...+western+front

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...JX5457CC04XJYX

There are others, but those are cheap.
Rennae
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just buy the revision books and make the mind maps from those.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...+western+front

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...JX5457CC04XJYX

There are others, but those are cheap.
Ok thank you but how would I lay out the mind maps?
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Ok thank you but how would I lay out the mind maps?
Have you never done mind maps before? they are just one method of consolidating information. Its best if you understand it first hence the revision books and they probably come with mind maps.

Example

https://getrevising.co.uk/diagrams/m...through_time_3

999tigger
Report 4 years ago
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
Thanks
Rennae
Have you thought about doing flashcards?

You could do exam question plans on flash cards, so you know the main arguments for each area of the course .
am3lia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mind maps are quite difficult to do when it comes to history. Definitely do a separate mind map for important events and people e.g Louis Pasteur. The best way to do it would be to do a mind map for every lesson you've had, your teacher would have ordered it for you, so copy the titles you've made in your school notes. History is super hard to revise for so make sure you make it fun (if that's even possible) highlight your mindmaps and display them around your room, do a timeline for important dates and like someone has already said flash cards can be really useful - particularly for facts. Don't stress yourself out - my brother is doing GCSE history and hasn't done any revision what so ever. From the sound of it you're a model student. I'm sure you'll be fine
madi24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please someone tell me I havent just seen a post about someone stressing about mindmaps when they're only in the year 10 summer holidays.
Spider man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
FOOK THE REVISION.
You got holidays, enjoy them
Spider man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by madi24)
Please someone tell me I havent just seen a post about someone stressing about mindmaps when they're only in the year 10 summer holidays.
Yh you did. When I was in yr 10 I DID'NT GIVE 2 *****
Rennae
Rep:
?
(Original post by am3lia)
Mind maps are quite difficult to do when it comes to history. Definitely do a separate mind map for important events and people e.g Louis Pasteur. The best way to do it would be to do a mind map for every lesson you've had, your teacher would have ordered it for you, so copy the titles you've made in your school notes. History is super hard to revise for so make sure you make it fun (if that's even possible) highlight your mindmaps and display them around your room, do a timeline for important dates and like someone has already said flash cards can be really useful - particularly for facts. Don't stress yourself out - my brother is doing GCSE history and hasn't done any revision what so ever. From the sound of it you're a model student. I'm sure you'll be fine
Thank you so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads