Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asset Management Graduate Schemes 2018 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Has anyone given thought to the schemes that are going to open in September/October for 2018 starts? I know Standard Life, Black Rock and a few others open around this time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to apply for a few, especially looking at product management or ops roles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamrul97)
    I'm planning to apply for a few, especially looking at product management or ops roles!
    Which are you looking at currently? Goldman Sachs has opened. Registered interest at RBS's as a back up if no luck with any Asset Management roles.

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs has already opened?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    Goldman Sachs has already opened?!
    Yes, about 2/3 weeks ago. But they won't start reviewing apps until about September I've heard. M&G apps have just opened and most others will do in September after they've given interns most of the offers I assume!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNobodyTheFirst)
    Which are you looking at currently? Goldman Sachs has opened. Registered interest at RBS's as a back up if no luck with any Asset Management roles.
    Well, I'm keeping an eye open for some more applications to open so I can apply!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done m&g's online tests yet? Are they the usual or something more specific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)
    Has anyone done m&g's online tests yet? Are they the usual or something more specific
    I've done them. They are not the same as other companies. Numerical is shorter but verbal is much longer. They aren't particularly hard, just you need around 2 hours to complete all in all. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    I've done them. They are not the same as other companies. Numerical is shorter but verbal is much longer. They aren't particularly hard, just you need around 2 hours to complete all in all. Good luck!
    Yea i did them today as well. The numerical was suspiciously easy. The verbal/critical was very long indeed but nothing difficult. Did u get your report/ have you heard back since completing?

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys applying to summer internships as a grad or just grad schemes?

ReputationRep:
    Grad scheme for me

ReputationRep:
    Yea i did them today as well. The numerical was suspiciously easy. The verbal/critical was very long indeed but nothing difficult. Did u get your report/ have you heard back since completing?
    Agreed. No, not yet have you?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. No, not yet have you?
    No. I assume they'll get back to us within few days though. Once you record the video interview the wait will be longer (few weeks) according to their FAQ

ReputationRep:
    No. I assume they'll get back to us within few days though. Once you record the video interview the wait will be longer (few weeks) according to their FAQ
    Just got an email back actually, saying I haven't passed. Surprised as I passed last year and thought I improved a lot since then. I did have a problem whereby my laptop froze and I submitted two answers without completing the question. I emailed them about this at the time, but haven't had a response yet and I didn't think they would be that significant. Anyway, it's a shame as I was very hopeful for this one. Will be interesting to see the feedback when it arrives. Hope you have better luck than me!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email back actually, saying I haven't passed. Surprised as I passed last year and thought I improved a lot since then. I did have a problem whereby my laptop froze and I submitted two answers without completing the question. I emailed them about this at the time, but haven't had a response yet and I didn't think they would be that significant. Anyway, it's a shame as I was very hopeful for this one. Will be interesting to see the feedback when it arrives. Hope you have better luck than me!
    Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Plenty of other opportunities out there though. When did u complete the tests?

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Plenty of other opportunities out there though. When did u complete the tests?
    Finished them Sunday at 10pm, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Finished them Sunday at 10pm, yourself?
    Monday 4pm. Should hear back soon then

ReputationRep:
    Monday 4pm. Should hear back soon then
    Did you get onto video interview? I got my feedback, mostly average/above average but one below average. Weirdly though, I got above average in the section I skipped 2 questions by accident and below average in what I know is my main strength from the lot haha.. anyway, win some lose some.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if jp morgan has opened its applications??

ReputationRep:
    Did you get onto video interview? I got my feedback, mostly average/above average but one below average. Weirdly though, I got above average in the section I skipped 2 questions by accident and below average in what I know is my main strength from the lot haha.. anyway, win some lose some.
    Didnt get through as well. Got all average apart from numerical where i got above average. Moving forward

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.