The Student Room Group

in amylose being formed..

In my book, there's a sentence
'The chains are curved and coil up into helical structures like springs, making the final molecule more compact.'
And what is meant by 'making the final molecule more compact'
@TeachChemistry will help you. 👍
Amylose is a component of starch. More compact means the molecule takes up less space, so you can fit more in. This means it's a good store of energy.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Amylose is a component of starch. More compact means the molecule takes up less space, so you can fit more in. This means it's a good store of energy.

But then what is "final molecule" in this sentence? Is that a certain part of the helical?
Reply 4
Original post by nayajuchan
But then what is "final molecule" in this sentence? Is that a certain part of the helical?

The final molecule is amylose.
Original post by nayajuchan

Amylose is a component of starch, so starch would be the final molecule.
Original post by Amefish
The final molecule is amylose.

Amefish's profile has her in a lab coat. I'm a mere soon to be CS student with an A-Level in Biology so I think you should listen to her then :P I might have misunderstood your question.
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Cow
Amefish's profile has her in a lab coat. I'm a mere soon to be CS student with an A-Level in Biology so I think you should listen to her then :P I might have misunderstood your question.

No, you're right! I think I misunderstood :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending