Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I just finished my AS-levels, taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I'll be looking to take some sort of engineering or physics degree.

In Maths, Further Maths and Physics I got As.

In Chemistry I got a B, which I was well pleased as I expected to do lots worse. We took one module in January and I got an A in that, but in the last 2 modules I got a C and D. If I continue on this form I'd probably get a C overall at A2.

So the question is should I take my B at AS and run, or go onto A2 and get a C at best. Would a C at A2 look any better than a B at AS (if better at all)?

The other thing that might weight my decision is that we only have 5 taught lessons of Maths a week to do A2 Further Maths and Maths, so taking Chemistry might hurt my chances of getting an A in Further Maths.

Thanks. Dave.

ReputationRep:
    Just drop Chemistry. No point in dragging yourself down with a C if you can get 3 A's straight

ReputationRep:
    Lol i did the exact same A-Levels 4 years ago

Maths,Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics

If you are doing Alright in the other then drop them

Although TBH Further Maths may get a little harder, i know to get an A at A-Level is tough. If u get an A in FUrther Maths A-Level u should prob go onto do maths at A-Level cause further maths is almost degree lvl stuff.

I Didnt do that weel at Further Maths and was lucky i took Chemistry cause it boosted my grade so i could do an engineering degree . I did Cybernetics at Reading Uni. (Robotics)

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.