Are these GCSE's good enough for dentistry Watch

tsr unofficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
are my grades good enough for dentistry.

Maths:A
English lang:B
English lit:A
Biology:A*
Chemistry:A*
Physics:A
Art:C
Geography:A
French:B
Business:A*
RE:A

BE BRUTALLY HONEST. MANY THANKS
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looks fine to me.

A-Levels are more important.
JordLndr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think A-Levels matter more..
Mightlobster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You want me to be honest?

Your GCSEs suck horse ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsr unofficial
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mightlobster)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How so?
Tuffyandtab
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your GCSEs are good enough. A levels will be a lot more important.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tsr unofficial)
How so?
Don't listen to this clown, he's trying to troll you.

They don't care about a C in art, good luck I am sure you will be fine
Mightlobster
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
Don't listen to this clown, he's trying to troll you.

They don't care about a C in art, good luck I am sure you will be fine
Trying? He asked for the "brutal truth". They're not the best set of GCSE grades now, are they?

How so?
How so? Questioning me sounds like you think your grades are top notch. If so, why create this thread?
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Provided you have a good application to support yourself, and a great set of A Levels, you are well in the running.

Yes, Dentistry is still a competitive course, you may have to do the UKCAT (i don't know completely), which can also help your application. However most universities care that you have a good proportion of A/A* grades, which you have 8, which is the average amount of As and A*s for most good unis. Additionally, you have top grades, in the subjects that bear the most relevance to your chosen degree (Chem, Bio, Maths maybe), you have a high standard of English (grades), and you've done well across the board in core subjects. I doubt a slip up in Art and French can hinder your oppurtunities of getting into a completely different degree with strong A Levels, etc.
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trying? He asked for the "brutal truth". They're not the best set of GCSE grades now, are they?

How so? Questioning me sounds like you think your grades are top notch. If so, why create this thread?
No, you willy, by saying it is not enough it is normal that they'd like a reason for your opinion on their set of GCSE grades.
Daydreamer3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
He said brutally honest for dentistry and are they good enough? Yes, although GCSE's dont matter for dentistry its the results and subjects you do at A level which determine whether whats good enough.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

They're not the worst, you don't have to be mean about things. Still has a great chance of getting into dentistry. If you want to go far in life I suggest you don't be so rude to people.
jsheard01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are my grades good enough for dentistry.

Maths:A
English lang:B
English lit:A
Biology:A*
Chemistry:A*
Physics:A
Art:C
Geography:A
French:B
Business:A*
RE:A

BE BRUTALLY HONEST. MANY THANKS
In my experience of helping 6th form students make the next step - your GCSE results are "acceptable" - as already pointed out you have the required number of A/A* grades and in the appropriate subjects. What will be more important now are the subjects you study at A level, the grades you can obtain in these (3 x A is bare minimum) and the positive stuff you can put in your personal statement. Relevant work experience (reflection on it not a tick list), extra curric, evidence of the right sort of skills/qualities will be important to evidence in your PS. Also, don't underestimate the extra admissions tests. Make sure you research what the minimum score needs to be (this will differ between universities) so do your research - it's all there on their websites.Open day visits will give you the chance to ask all these questions and get a real insight as to what each university is looking for across your application. Please don't be picky about the university - there are so few offering Dentistry that you need to apply to the ones which are the best match for what you have to offer and not focus on location or reputation. I hope this helps and good luck.
tsr unofficial
Rep:
?

I'm not gassed about them. I'm just asking what grades make my set of GCSE's "donkeys ****"
tsr unofficial
Rep:
?
(Original post by jsheard01)
In my experience of helping 6th form students make the next step - your GCSE results are "acceptable" - as already pointed out you have the required number of A/A* grades and in the appropriate subjects. What will be more important now are the subjects you study at A level, the grades you can obtain in these (3 x A is bare minimum) and the positive stuff you can put in your personal statement. Relevant work experience (reflection on it not a tick list), extra curric, evidence of the right sort of skills/qualities will be important to evidence in your PS. Also, don't underestimate the extra admissions tests. Make sure you research what the minimum score needs to be (this will differ between universities) so do your research - it's all there on their websites.Open day visits will give you the chance to ask all these questions and get a real insight as to what each university is looking for across your application. Please don't be picky about the university - there are so few offering Dentistry that you need to apply to the ones which are the best match for what you have to offer and not focus on location or reputation. I hope this helps and good luck.
Thank you very much. This helped a lot.
Amirah901
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys I'm so confused whether it is risky applying for dentistry. I got really bad GCSES (6A*-A) (2 B) (2C's), one of the C was maths . I am re-sitting this in November.

I am prepping for UKCAT trying to get a really high score to compromise for my GCSES. What unis can you recommend?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads