The Student Room Group

How did you guys meet your girlfriends/boyfriends and how did you approach them?

I asked a question about not having a girlfriend the other day and it's made me think, how did people meet and how did they approach each other.
Original post by cbaforcba
I asked a question about not having a girlfriend the other day and it's made me think, how did people meet and how did they approach each other.

My other half was my wingman and I was his for about 3 years- then we both came out of relationships and decided that we liked each other more than anyone else.
We met my first day at college. He was the year above but we were in the same voluntary service class and he knew some people I knew. I couldn't talk to him for about two weeks because I didn't know how to strike up a conversation. When I did, I uh asked him to get me a sperm keyring from the freshers fair at college so I could have a range of coloured sperm 😂 I was scared and nervous to talk to him as I thought he would think I was weird... then I proceeded to ask him to get me another as I couldn't get more 😂😂😂
Original post by Anonymous
We met my first day at college. He was the year above but we were in the same voluntary service class and he knew some people I knew. I couldn't talk to him for about two weeks because I didn't know how to strike up a conversation. When I did, I uh asked him to get me a sperm keyring from the freshers fair at college so I could have a range of coloured sperm 😂 I was scared and nervous to talk to him as I thought he would think I was weird... then I proceeded to ask him to get me another as I couldn't get more 😂😂😂

Your right, THAT IS WEIRD!
Original post by Spider man
Your right, THAT IS WEIRD!

It makes for a good story though 😂 and to the OP, it might be nerve wrecking to talk to someone you like, but just relax. They won't bite your head off and get to know them 😊
Reply 5
We went to the same uni, same course, only he was a year ahead. We first met in a course related club. In the club we separated into smaller groups by our own interests and he was put in charge of the group I went with. I got a small crush on him but didn't think much of it then. That was start of my first semester.

I saw him around a couple times after but didn't really talk. Then couple months later he added me on Facebook. But again, we didn't really talk.

Start of second semester I had training in the same room the club would be and it was at the same time too. I was about 10 minutes early and no one was outside so I stuck my nose into the room thinking people might be sitting there already. Instead, he was having a lecture there and recognised me. So he sent me a message on Facebook that the club was in a different room that day thinking I was at a wrong room.

We started chatting. Basically messaging each other all day. At one point he was frustrated about messing up on his work and sent me "f**k me" and I flirted with him saying "is that an offer?". And we started flirting from then out. Meeting up at uni when we had breaks at the same time. Each time we met, he'd move with physical contact a bit. Like at first he would just be close enough for our legs or hands to brush, then he would purposely keep his hand on my knee or shoulder. Then he started actually holding my hand. After a couple of days, he kissed me on the cheek when he had to go. And then it moved to us actually kissing and we just ended up being together. Having a quick talk of "I don't share" and "you're mine" to say we're exclusive xD

I met my ex girlfriend on here. Went out for about 18 months :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
It makes for a good story though 😂 and to the OP, it might be nerve wrecking to talk to someone you like, but just relax. They won't bite your head off and get to know them 😊

:tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Devify
We went to the same uni, same course, only he was a year ahead. We first met in a course related club. In the club we separated into smaller groups by our own interests and he was put in charge of the group I went with. I got a small crush on him but didn't think much of it then. That was start of my first semester.

I saw him around a couple times after but didn't really talk. Then couple months later he added me on Facebook. But again, we didn't really talk.

Start of second semester I had training in the same room the club would be and it was at the same time too. I was about 10 minutes early and no one was outside so I stuck my nose into the room thinking people might be sitting there already. Instead, he was having a lecture there and recognised me. So he sent me a message on Facebook that the club was in a different room that day thinking I was at a wrong room.

We started chatting. Basically messaging each other all day. At one point he was frustrated about messing up on his work and sent me "f**k me" and I flirted with him saying "is that an offer?". And we started flirting from then out. Meeting up at uni when we had breaks at the same time. Each time we met, he'd move with physical contact a bit. Like at first he would just be close enough for our legs or hands to brush, then he would purposely keep his hand on my knee or shoulder. Then he started actually holding my hand. After a couple of days, he kissed me on the cheek when he had to go. And then it moved to us actually kissing and we just ended up being together. Having a quick talk of "I don't share" and "you're mine" to say we're exclusive xD

Sounds like you've got a good thing going on!
Reply 9
Original post by Jack22031994
I met my ex girlfriend on here. Went out for about 18 months :smile:

How did you even decide to meet, did you live near each other?
Reply 10
Sounds like you've got a good thing going on!

It's been working pretty well so far so can't complain ;p
How did you even decide to meet, did you live near each other?

We were part of a society thread and we had a thread meet up and met on that.

I live in Wiltshire, She lives in London so not really but only an hour on the train I guess.

Its also how I know my bestie (I can call her that right as she's a girl? :tongue:)
(edited 6 years ago)
We'd been friends for like 3 years, in the same friendship group at school (the "gay group" haha) and I had a crush on her for most of that time (sometimes I thought it was gone but it wasn't lol). She already knew I "used to" have a crush on her.
Anyway she found out I liked "someone" and kept asking me who it was for about two weeks until I finally told her (via text, while sitting next to her) and it turned out she also liked me, although she said she'd only really realised it it the couple of days before I told her. I kinda got pressured into telling her by a couple of friends who thought she might also like me but it turned out well so whatever. Anyway we talked a bit and then we were "a thing", then we slowly figured out what being "a thing" actually meant.

Yep that's the story, now I need to lie down because telling this story made me happy really happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending