Level 3 HE Diploma Midwifery Watch

Saganaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I have enrolled for this course which starts in September. I was told on the open day that I will be learning nursing and midwifery topics. I actually quite excited about this course but also worried because all I've heard is getting a pass is not enough you have to get a good score to get into good uni's. I want to see how the study materials are and if anyone possibly has a syllabus content where I can see what sort of topics I will be learning to get a head start on the reading.
I am open to advice, tips help me throughout the year, possible struggles I may face...etc
oh! and also if they are any materials that you have bought which helped you throughout the year....would like to know now so I can buy!
Thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saganaa)
Hi
I have enrolled for this course which starts in September. I was told on the open day that I will be learning nursing and midwifery topics. I actually quite excited about this course but also worried because all I've heard is getting a pass is not enough you have to get a good score to get into good uni's. I want to see how the study materials are and if anyone possibly has a syllabus content where I can see what sort of topics I will be learning to get a head start on the reading.
I am open to advice, tips help me throughout the year, possible struggles I may face...etc
oh! and also if they are any materials that you have bought which helped you throughout the year....would like to know now so I can buy!
Thank you!
Here are a couple of overviews of the course:
http://www.westking.ac.uk/course/acc...ifery-level-3/

Modules
https://www.learndirectpd.com/course...tion-midwifery

The requirements for Uni will vary to where you apply.
You need as many distinctions and merits as you can manage.

Sheffield Hallam
• Access – Access to HE Diploma for a QAA recognised Access to HE course in health studies, health science, social sciences or nursing. Normally we require 15 credits at level 2 and 45 at level 3 of which at least 15 level 3 credits should be graded at distinction level.

Leeds Uni
45 credits at level 3, 30 of which must be at distinction and include 12 credits from biology or health-related subjects + GCSEs, as above. The remaining level 3 credits must be at merit level or above. For Access to Higher Education Diplomas completed before September 2014, applicants are required to have 45 credits at level 3 at distinction and include 12 credits from biology or health-related subjects. We strongly advise you to contact the School to discuss the suitability of your chosen Access course. We consider Access Courses to be suitable for mature applicants (21 plus) who have been out of full-time education and have had no previous access to higher education.

Birmingham
Access to Higher Education (Health or Science): 60 credits with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3 including 30 at distinction, 15 at merit (to include study of Physiology or Biology) and 15 credits at level 2. You must meet the GCSE entry requirements in full for the programme (as above). However, if it is more than 5 years since you took your GCSE’s and you also have 2 years full time paid work experience in health and social care, you are only required to have GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at grade C or above.

Nottingham

45 credits at level three (to include a minimum 30 credits at merit or above with at least 15 of these at distinction), with a minimum of 15 credits from science units at merit or above plus, GCSE English and maths (grade C or above).

We no longer accept Functional Skills qualifications in maths and English in lieu of GSCEs.

Kings
Required grades 45 Level 3 credits: 30 must be from units awarded at Distinction, 12 Level 3 credits at Merit and 3 Level 3 credits at Pass Required subjects Five GCSEs grade C including English Language, Maths and Science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby