Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a mini ipod for my bday. Is there a hifi type system that's combatable with it, so I can plug it in and listen to all my songs? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    a computer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    I'm getting a mini ipod for my bday. Is there a hifi type system that's combatable with it, so I can plug it in and listen to all my songs? :confused:
    You can get a thing which is like a tape which you can attach to the headphone socket and then put the tape in the hi fi thing ... if you get what I mean... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    You can get a thing which is like a tape which you can attach to the headphone socket and then put the tape in the hi fi thing ... if you get what I mean... :confused:
    Isn't that just meant for cars though, I would have thought that it plugs into a line-in or aux socket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Ah right. Can I but one of the imac site or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Isn't that just meant for cars though, I would have thought that it plugs into a line-in or aux socket.
    Oh yeah, sorry that's right - I was being silly

ReputationRep:
    Oh and almost forgot, happy birthday!

ReputationRep:
    My bro has one for his ipod, I can't remember what it is exctaly but it's a big yellow cable that you plug into the line out or in thing in your hi-fi... your best bet would be going to some place like richer sounds where they know what they're talking about or searching the apple site or googling it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    My bro has one for his ipod, I can't remember what it is exctaly but it's a big yellow cable that you plug into the line out or in thing in your hi-fi... your best bet would be going to some place like richer sounds where they know what they're talking about or searching the apple site or googling it...
    Ok, thanks

ReputationRep:
    i've got those speakers which you can just plug into the ipod and then listen to all the tunes LOUDDDDDDD!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i've got those speakers which you can just plug into the ipod and then listen to all the tunes LOUDDDDDDD!!!!!
    Where did you get it from?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need something like this (pricey though, and I dunno if it'll work with a Mini Ipod):

Clicky

you're definitely best off going to a shop and asking...I'm sure there are cheeper ways to do it...

ReputationRep:
    If i want to listen to my Ipod without headphones, I just plug my computer speakers into it...sound quality's pretty awfull, but meh...

ReputationRep:
    just go PC world theyve got some. they range from £15-£40

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    Why would you want to do that when you got earphones? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thephenom)
    Why would you want to do that when you got earphones? :confused:
    when i'm going to work i use the headphones. when i'm at home i like to hear the music louddddd without the headphones on

ReputationRep:
    Get an amplifier and a couple of speakers, then you can stick a cable from your iPod earphone socket (or an out, if it has one) straight into the input of the amp.

ReputationRep:
    Go with the big yellow cable thing

You plug one bit into the dock of your ipod and the other into you amp or mini hi-fi (if it has a line in or out, i get confused)...

ReputationRep:
    I think this is what you need:

Clicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I think this is what you need:

Clicky
    *Mwah*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.