The Student Room Group

Business development role

Hi Guys,

I have just received a job offer as a business development executive. However, i am coming form a non-business background (Closest to business experience that i have will probably be selling fruits at a stand haha).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any books i could read to help with my understanding of the various aspects of business and all the terminology associated with e.g..annual turnover etc.

Would you guys suggest i buy a gcse business studies book? Will that help?

Thanks!
Original post by bd90
Hi Guys,

I have just received a job offer as a business development executive. However, i am coming form a non-business background (Closest to business experience that i have will probably be selling fruits at a stand haha).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any books i could read to help with my understanding of the various aspects of business and all the terminology associated with e.g..annual turnover etc.

Would you guys suggest i buy a gcse business studies book? Will that help?

Thanks!

Hey. gratz on the job.

Look at the job description and the skills required, they are what I would work on.
In addition I would read the website and see what projects the organisation is involved in.

How about this book- read the rebiews.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Financial-Times-Guide-Business-Development/dp/0273759531/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501428336&sr=8-1&keywords=guide+business+development

Theres also a dummies version lower down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending