Ringleader Of Child Sex Gang To Be Released From Prison 17 Years Early

Watch
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The disgusting leader of a child sex gang is going to be set free from prison 17 years early. 34-year-old Mubarek Ali is currently five years into his 22-year prison sentence for his role in the Telford gang.

Ali and another ringleader targeted girls as young as 13 for two years straight. He was caught during Operation Chalice in 2013. In a drastic turn of events, however, Ali is set to be released come November.

Makes me sick, how is this even possible?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/30/ringle...early-6816188/
luckystars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ew

hide yo wife hide yo kids
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Command&Conquer)
The disgusting leader of a child sex gang is going to be set free from prison 17 years early. 34-year-old Mubarek Ali is currently five years into his 22-year prison sentence for his role in the Telford gang.

Ali and another ringleader targeted girls as young as 13 for two years straight. He was caught during Operation Chalice in 2013. In a drastic turn of events, however, Ali is set to be released come November.

Makes me sick, how is this even possible?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/30/ringle...early-6816188/
First all he didn't get 22 years, he got 14 years plus an extended licence period of 8 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19850954

He wasn't convicted in 2013, he was convicted in 2012.

The offences stopped in late 2009. My guess is that this was when he was arrested and remanded in custody to await trial so he spent almost 3 years in gaol before being convicted. That time comes off his sentence.

Prisoners are normally released at the 50% mark of their sentence.

So 14/2 is 7. 2010+7 = 2017, but he will be on licence for the next 15 years..
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
First all he didn't get 22 years, he got 14 years plus an extended licence period of 8 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19850954

He wasn't convicted in 2013, he was convicted in 2012.

The offences stopped in late 2009. My guess is that this was when he was arrested and remanded in custody to await trial so he spent almost 3 years in gaol before being convicted. That time comes off his sentence.

Prisoners are normally released at the 50% mark of their sentence.

So 14/2 is 7. 2010+7 = 2017, but he will be on licence for the next 15 years..
The trial periods counts towards the sentence??!
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Twinpeaks)
The trial periods counts towards the sentence??!
Periods remanded in custody before and during trials count towards sentence; periods remanded on bail do not.

That is done to ensure that those remanded on bail do not in practice serve shorter periods in prison than those remanded in custody.
Whiskey&Freedom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An ethnic minority getting a light sentence? Why am I not surprised, if this guy was white the book would have been thrown at him.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well at least he looks contrite...

... I guess prison works after all.
Ladymusiclover
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Disgusting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (694)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads