I don't want to forget anything I've learnt in year 10!! Really Stuck! Help! Watch

ReadilySalted
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So it's the summer holidays and 1 week is up and we've got 5 weeks left, and i haven't reviewed the things I learnt in year 10 and iv'e got my GCSE in May 2018. I'm going into year 11 and I don't want to waste 6 weeks doing nothing, what should I do to stop myself from forgetting things? (when I hardcore revise something it literally stays in my brain for like a week!?) Should I take a quick glance or should I take up my holidays by revising? The stress is starting to get to me already and I haven't even started Year 11!?
username3025040
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're going to stress this much, it's not worth it. Do minimal revision over summer.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're going to burn out if you do any hardcore revision now. You need to relax and go back to school feeling refreshed. I know it's hard, but please don't feel stressed.
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You're going to burn out if you do any hardcore revision now. You need to relax and go back to school feeling refreshed. I know it's hard, but please don't feel stressed.
Have you done your GCSE's?
storm95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by happydimples)
So it's the summer holidays and 1 week is up and we've got 5 weeks left, and i haven't reviewed the things I learnt in year 10 and iv'e got my GCSE in May 2018. I'm going into year 11 and I don't want to waste 6 weeks doing nothing, what should I do to stop myself from forgetting things? (when I hardcore revise something it literally stays in my brain for like a week!?) Should I take a quick glance or should I take up my holidays by revising? The stress is starting to get to me already and I haven't even started Year 11!?
take a quick glance a week before you start you should be ok also first week of year 11 you do thru wht u lrnt frm yr b4 k thks
mae_is_confused
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One thing I did during the year 10-year 11 holidays was to upload everything I had learnt onto Quizlet, or use a pre-made Quizlet. After this, going through one each day, for maybe 5-30 minutes really helps information stay in your brain.
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you done your GCSE's?
Yes.
I did my GCSEs in 2015, AS-Levels 2016 and I just finished my A2-Levels this year.
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
Yes.
I did my GCSEs in 2015, AS-Levels 2016 and I just finished my A2-Levels this year.
Sorry for the straight forward questions
What did you get in your GCSE's?
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sorry for the straight forward questions:d
what did you get in your gcse's?
5 a* | 4 a | 2 b
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
(Original post by mae_is_confused)
One thing I did during the year 10-year 11 holidays was to upload everything I had learnt onto Quizlet, or use a pre-made Quizlet. After this, going through one each day, for maybe 5-30 minutes really helps information stay in your brain.
Doesn't it take a lot of time to put all the information onto quizlet though?
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
5 a* | 4 a | 2 b
Wow. Are you naturally smart (like by doing minimal revision or did you try for those grades?
mae_is_confused
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't it take a lot of time to put all the information onto quizlet though?
Depends what subject, some took me longer than others. Most of the time, I used Quizlets that other people had made, they worked really well for me
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow. Are you naturally smart (like by doing minimal revision or did you try for those grades?
I wouldn't say my grades make me smart. By TSR standards, they're probably average.

I'd say I started GCSE revision around mid-April time, and all that revision was pretty much memorising a revision guide for the sciences/geography, memorising all the dates in the three textbooks for history and then it was just past papers for the other subjects
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
(Original post by mae_is_confused)
Depends what subject, some took me longer than others. Most of the time, I used Quizlets that other people had made, they worked really well for me
Ok, will definitely try that out. Thank you!!
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
I wouldn't say my grades make me smart. By TSR standards, they're probably average.

I'd say I started GCSE revision around mid-April time, and all that revision was pretty much memorising a revision guide for the sciences/geography, memorising all the dates in the three textbooks for history and then it was just past papers for the other subjects
So it took you like a month to understand what you needed to remember!? Did you used to do revision before April like reviewing some notes?
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So it took you like a month to understand what you needed to remember!? Did you used to do revision before April like reviewing some notes?
Apart from revising two weeks for my December internal mock exams, no. I'm sort of like you, I will forget everything after a week (like you said) so I wouldn't have found revising so far away from exams useful.
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
Apart from revising two weeks for my December internal mock exams, no. I'm sort of like you, I will forget everything after a week (like you said) so I wouldn't have found revising so far away from exams useful.
Oh okay, did you do revision in summer of year 10?
Goonercourtney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to relaaaax!!! I'm in year 12 now and it's honestly so much work having to balance applying for dentistry it's hard but enjoy your years before that
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh okay, did you do revision in summer of year 10?
Nope. I discovered the joys of Minecraft modpacks in the summer of year 10, so I was glued to my desktop all summer :P
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
Nope. I discovered the joys of Minecraft modpacks in the summer of year 10, so I was glued to my desktop all summer :P
Whaat! I reckon you are really intelligent, I don't understand how someone would revise a month before their GCSE's and get good grades? I've seen people revise like 4 months before exams and not get as good as the grades you have gotten. What were your predicted grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads