The Student Room Group

Please help! Compelling personal circumstances/CertHE

Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping someone will be able to offer me some advice. In 2013-14, I studied at university and due to not enjoying the course and ongoing health issues, I left and changed to a different course elsewhere. My health got worse and at the end of June 2016, I left university entirely.
Luckily, now my health issues are much better managed and I am really hoping to return to university and study French, which I absolutely adore.

I am applying for compelling personal circumstances for the second year of university. The course I am hoping to take up is a three year degree. I completed the first year of university (as in, I passed it), does this mean I have a certificate of higher education? Does this also mean I won't get funding for the first year of university? There seems to be conflicting information on this!

I'm super stressed and worried as there is no other way I'd be able to ever afford to pay for the first year otherwise. PLease help!
Original post by allthetwirlbites
Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping someone will be able to offer me some advice. In 2013-14, I studied at university and due to not enjoying the course and ongoing health issues, I left and changed to a different course elsewhere. My health got worse and at the end of June 2016, I left university entirely.
Luckily, now my health issues are much better managed and I am really hoping to return to university and study French, which I absolutely adore.

I am applying for compelling personal circumstances for the second year of university. The course I am hoping to take up is a three year degree. I completed the first year of university (as in, I passed it), does this mean I have a certificate of higher education? Does this also mean I won't get funding for the first year of university? There seems to be conflicting information on this!

I'm super stressed and worried as there is no other way I'd be able to ever afford to pay for the first year otherwise. PLease help!

Hi,

If you were awarded a Certificate of Higher Education for completing year one of a course that wouldn't make you ineligible for funding for a degree course. Check with the university to see if they awarded you any qualification.

With regards to any Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) I'd advise you give us as much information as possible in a letter and as much evidence (medical evidence from a GP, letter from university on headed paper etc) of your mitigating circumstances as possible.

It might be a good idea to give us a call on 0300 100 0607 to discuss the specifics of your application.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending