aarohisharma26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is King’s College really degrading considering the recent ranking and citation of King’s as a ‘Polytechnic on the Strand’?

But I have been always inclined towards KCL when in conparison with UCL. Primary reason being l see more successful KCL alumni in my own country, that is, India in contrast with UCL.

However, I dont know what is good in KCL courses and about their faculty. So would love to have any suggestion or advice regarding tha
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aarohisharma26)
Is King’s College really degrading considering the recent ranking and citation of King’s as a ‘Polytechnic on the Strand’?

But I have been always inclined towards KCL when in conparison with UCL. Primary reason being l see more successful KCL alumni in my own country, that is, India in contrast with UCL.

However, I dont know what is good in KCL courses and about their faculty. So would love to have any suggestion or advice regarding tha
What area of law will you be studying? All unis have strengths and weaknesses in their LLM programmes. It depends on the research staff that will be teaching you at the time.

KCL is the best poly in London, so I wouldn't worry about that. Much better than London Met.
aarohisharma26
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnGreek)
What area of law will you be studying? All unis have strengths and weaknesses in their LLM programmes. It depends on the research staff that will be teaching you at the time.
More interested towards IPR and Dispute Resolution.
aarohisharma26
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnGreek)
KCL is the best poly in London, so I wouldn't worry about that. Much better than London Met.
So you seem to agree, sarcastically, with the criticism?
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Meh, KCL is quantifiably worse than LSE or UCL for undergrad, but that won't affect how employers view you as a graduate. If anything, King's has better name recognition where I'm from (Greece) than the others.

I'm not too sure as to which of UCL or King's are strong on the ADR/IP front, but it's worth looking through the threads here for more info: https://llm-guide.com/board/uk-ireland. Even then, take the advice with a pinch of salt, given that a lot of the posts are made years ago, with faculty staff moving around frequently in the UK.
AmeliaLost
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He's probably just godless scum from Gower Street

Spoiler:
Show

KCL and UCL have an almost 200 year play feud going on, like a mini version of Oxford vs Cambridge. It's not actually ever been a polytechnic nor is it a bad university

aarohisharma26
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmeliaLost)

Spoiler:
Show

KCL and UCL have an almost 200 year play feud going on, like a mini version of Oxford vs Cambridge. It's not actually ever been a polytechnic nor is it a bad university

Exactly, many have told that majority of the criticism is basically nothing but a sad outcome of the rivalry from the UCL side.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmeliaLost)

Spoiler:
Show

Exactly, many have told that majority of the criticism is basically nothing but a sad outcome of the rivalry from the UCL side.
I don't go to UCL

My criticism is based on solid evidence. It's just fun bashing King's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?