The Student Room Group

Applying to BCU as an EU citizen

Hey guys, i really dont know how to put this, but i'm 23 years old and i want to try getting into studying programming at Birmingham City Uni. The thing is I have absolutely no idea where to start. Ok so i am a EU citizen and I've been living in the UK for the past 3 years and I want to know through where should I apply and what kind of education papers they might want to see? I actually tried applying from my home country when i was still living there a long time ago and I had this IELTS English exam which basically tells the Uni about my English skills, but something came up and i stopped my application, the IELTS paper is now expired, but the score was good enough for me to get into the Uni, just wanted to throw this out.

Also i would like to know your thoughts about BCU itself. Is it a good Uni for programming studies, etc.?
And also could you recommend a BCU course for programming video games, various apps for phones etc. By the way I'm a huge noob at all the programming stuff so i might have no idea what I'm talking about.

Hope this made some sense. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Modestas
Hey guys, i really dont know how to put this, but i'm 23 years old and i want to try getting into studying programming at Birmingham City Uni. The thing is I have absolutely no idea where to start. Ok so i am a EU citizen and I've been living in the UK for the past 3 years and I want to know through where should I apply and what kind of education papers they might want to see?...

Hey Modestas,

You'll find everything you need to know on our international webpage here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/international where you can download our International guide to find out more about the University and Birmingham.

You'll also see our page about applying: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/international/your-application which breaks down exactly how you go about applying to us and about the IELTS entry requirements.

If you have any questions about the application process, you can email the international office directly at [email protected] and they'll be able to help you out.

But if you have any more questions about the University or city just let us know and we'd be happy to help! I graduated from BCU a few years ago but decided to stay in Birmingham because it's such a great place to be full of lots of opportunity. The uni has lots of international students so is very multicultural and friendly and has lots of industry contacts which will benefit you greatly.

I hope some of this helps, but just ask if you have more questions :h:

All the best,
Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending