How can I up my grades by not just studying and revision.

Watch
adelehector
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Dear Students

How would one of you suggest I handle a teacher who is harshly marking me down. On my school work for whatever person reason they have against me?

I work my ass off and they keep making me down for no reason. This is my life for goodness sake and I am so disgusting that's in there hands.

Please help me.....

I look forward to some useful information/ replies...
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you think they're being bias you need to contact your head of year who will get someone else qualified to mark the papers. If there's a difference, the original teacher may be sanctioned.

If you don't tell anyone higher up it won't be able to be resolved

Posted from TSR Mobile
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adelehector)
Dear Students

How would one of you suggest I handle a teacher who is harshly marking me down. On my school work for whatever person reason they have against me?

I work my ass off and they keep making me down for no reason. This is my life for goodness sake and I am so disgusting that's in there hands.

Please help me.....

If you don't understand why they're not marking you highly ASK THEM.

Explain that you want to improve your marks and ask them to go through your marked work explaining what you need to do differently to get a higher mark. If they can't explain it then they'll have to admit they unfairly marked you down, if they can explain then you have something to improve on and some detailed advice on how to do that
Onikaminaj
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all if it was me I would try and ask the teacher why I lose marks.
If they seem to have no reasons as other posters say then I would speak to someone above them.
Side note: I would also say that it is good to remember that when it comes to the real deal somebody else without a bias will mark it.
The teacher can say you are a grade 4 for example but if you get a 9 for example in the exams. Your grade is a 9.
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mosope17)
Side note: I would also say that it is good to remember that when it comes to the real deal somebody else without a bias will mark it.
The teacher can say you are a grade 4 for example but if you get a 9 for example in the exams. Your grade is a 9.
Obviously, but if the grade they're awarded in class does not reflect their actual performance, the student will not know their true areas of weakness and also the actual grade they are working at, both of which are important to know before the actual exam.
games211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dear Students

Please help me.....

Hey,

What subject is this about?

I'm sorry you're having difficulties with a teacher. Have you tried to go through the feedback with her? Try speaking to your tutor if she doesn't respond.
adelehector
Rep:
?
Thanks guys I know revision and studying is a meant, but I can never do anything right by them and they are being too unfair as I have had a word with all of them about this, but I will wait and see for the final mark then if it's not what I want then I will change uni for the last year and make a complaint.
KieranAdam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dear Students

Please help me.....

Slightly misleading title for the question. For the actual subject you're discussing I'd recommend encouraging better communication between yourself and the teacher. Ask her what resources you can use to use during study and how she is marking it. Maybe it’s just the way you're wording things. It might be also worth talking to a student who is doing well in the same subject and teacher, look at their work and see what the difference is (obviously don't copy), that might help you. I'm also not going to discount the possibility that the teacher may be the issue here, but 99.9% of the time the issue is always within us. We must find out our problems and solve them before looking towards other people. You've taken the right step in submitting the question here, I hope this helps!

Regards
Michael Willis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First you really need to speak with your teacher as you may indeed be missing something within your work and they can generally point you in the right direction if this is the case. Failing that you could speak to someone higher up in the school and request another teacher marks your work; but please be careful how you approach this as you are questioning the academic integrity of the teacher. If the second marker does return a higher marks then you have more grounds to do so.

Don't let this point put you off checking but again be mindful how you approach this. But ultimately the staff are there to help you so do speak to them. Also just because you work hard doesn't automatically make you better. You need to learn from your mistakes, try new ways of learning and working with others may prove useful. I don't wish to be mean but you need to find the actual problem and putting it directly it may not be the teacher; look back at your work and contemplate the advice given to you. After all it is easier to shift blame else where.

But if your suspicions are correct it needs to be taken higher speak with your head of year or head teacher (normally the deputy is more appropriate) and see if they can sort it.
adelehector
Rep:
?
I have tried this and I didn't say that I am better than anyone else so please don't say something like that. I am already upset and hurt that they have been doing this for 2 years already and besides I have gone to see the teachers about this one to one and they are still doing the same thing. Also I have asked them to help me with assignment before as I don't understand the way the write what they want for the assignment requirement sometimes. What the teacher said to me was that you should do it yourself and if you can't figure it out then quit the university. No teacher should ever say that to a student that is out of order and teachers are supposed to help not bring you down.
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have tried this and I didn't say that I am better than anyone else so please don't say something like that. I am already upset and hurt that they have been doing this for 2 years already and besides I have gone to see the teachers about this one to one and they are still doing the same thing. Also I have asked them to help me with assignment before as I don't understand the way the write what they want for the assignment requirement sometimes. What the teacher said to me was that you should do it yourself and if you can't figure it out then quit the university. No teacher should ever say that to a student that is out of order and teachers are supposed to help not bring you down.
Go to someone higher up to ask if someone else can mark your work. If it's the same then you're just performing poorly

Posted from TSR Mobile
adelehector
Rep:
?
They don't even give me feedback sometimes what kind of teaching is that then. This is not on. It's my life they are missing with here.
jam-0123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dear Students

Please help me.....

tough luck
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jam-0123)
tough luck
You bumped a 2 year old thread to be nasty.

Grow up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (29)
29%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
10%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (27)
27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2%

Watched Threads