Voting at 16?

Watch this thread
buster124
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The most recent election has left me a bit frustrated and has sparked debates among my friends, peers and others about whether the legal voting age should be dropped to 16. These type of things have been already tried in Scotland, Austria and Norway with mixed results.
Your view on this?
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
18 is good.
Michael Willis
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I think we have bigger issues to address first. Like why this country seems to like first past the post electoral system, and the recent attempt to change was shot down.
username3456292
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I think a lot of 16 year olds don't know what they're doing, many don't understand politics.

Others can be influenced by friends (I know this already happens) but adding more youth into the mix won't help.
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The voting age should be raised to 25 in my opinion, and the unemployed should be banned from voting.

Today's youth have zero experience of the real world - have never had a job, have never paid tax, have never owned a home, have never had responsibility for children.

Why should people who contribute absolutely nothing to our society have a say in how it is run?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No.

Keep it at 18. The voting age is not the biggest problem with the system at this moment in time.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's fine as it is, and if it were to be changed, it should be raised not lowered.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VirgoStrain)
Amazing - so the more people a useless government makes unemployed the less people there are to vote against them. What incentive is there to stop unemployment when increasing it would benefit you politically?
You've literally bumped a month old thread to respond to a banned account my dude
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.51%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (54)
55.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.08%

Watched Threads