The Student Room Group

BBC Work Experience?

Scroll to see replies

got into the BBC arts development team. A year out of uni and thought this would be perfect for me. Took me a while to figure out what direction was right for me.
Reply 81
Can you do this for year 10 work experience
Reply 82
has anyone done work experience in the Current affairs or Business and Economics section???
Original post by Kitkat5
has anyone done work experience in the Current affairs or Business and Economics section???

I did work experience at the BBC in 2014 in the media action department they gave me an IT project to work on. They also gave my the chance to shadow and work in other departments and I chose finance and the media rooms like where they control live TV and edit films.
Anyone give me any insight into the following, or your opinions to the following questions:

What do you think are the main challenges faced by the BBC in 2017?

Tell us about a recent radio or TV/internet programme that has interested you and explain what issues the BBC legal teams may have encountered either in bringing that programme to audiences or after it has been aired? Any opinions/interesting insights would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 85
Original post by huwthomas
Anyone give me any insight into the following, or your opinions to the following questions:

What do you think are the main challenges faced by the BBC in 2017?

Tell us about a recent radio or TV/internet programme that has interested you and explain what issues the BBC legal teams may have encountered either in bringing that programme to audiences or after it has been aired? Any opinions/interesting insights would be greatly appreciated!

what work experience is this? legal?
Reply 86
Sounds like something in Production.

I had a number of interviews for production roles at the BBC around the time of the Saville investigations and a lot of the questions were to do with how I'd handle similar issues if I was working there.
Reply 87
Has anyone done the work experience program within "Archives"? I have received a confirmation, but I am very hesitant whether I should take it. I applied to it cause I wanted to see if the chance to get it is bigger than other departments. Now I don't know if it's worth doing it
Has anyone had a very late reply back?

I applied for April, May, June for TV production (Science) and said I was available late May-June 2018. Its been such a long wait to hear back, i'm wondering if they sometimes don't even write a rejection email? Fingers crossed i'll get in though
Hi.
I'm going into Year 10 after the summer and we have a day that we are required to find work experience (just for that day) in a field that we are interested in. I'm very interested in TV Presenting and want to contact the BBC but don't know how.
Could anyone help with this as i am really passionate about going into this field of work and would love to try it out for myself.
Thanks, x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending