S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dragon5555)
What are your thoughts on this?
It's not Messi to Madrid.

The Manchester United thread is the place for this.
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
It's not Messi to Madrid.
Do you think I'd disagree? I did write Matic to Manchester United, I think it was odd of you to mention Messi as I don't think it is messi going to Manchester United.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you think I'd disagree? I did write Matic to Manchester United, I think it was odd of you to mention Messi as I don't think it is messi going to Manchester United.
It's not that big of a deal.

If you want thoughts go to the Man Utd thread.
BenTheBlue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We robbed Man United that's my thoughts on it lol.
username2400323
Rep:
?
(Original post by BenTheBlue)
We robbed Man United that's my thoughts on it lol.
Matic + Herrera = CM
Pogba = CAM
Pogba will be up there with strikers in terms of goals.
Lukaku up front means we are likely to see more goals too.
BenTheBlue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Matic + Herrera = CM
Pogba = CAM
Pogba will be up there with strikers in terms of goals.
Lukaku up front means we are likely to see more goals too.
On paper I would agree with you. Matic has his great games, but he'll decline just like Mata did when he joined United. He does have the tendency to slow games down which to me isn't a good thing. Pogba....overrated for me. He's not done anywhere near enough to warrant his price tag - Consider when we bought Hazard for 32m lol. Out of them 3, I would love Herrera. He's so underrated and he's just an all rounder. Lukaku is a great striker but then there's his first touch and also the fact he does go missing in big games. Again, he's not worth the money you paid for him.

You lot just replaced the players you lost (Lukaku for Ibrahimovic) with the exception of Lindelof and Matic. I don't see United as a serious threat this season for our title. Out of all the teams I fear the most, it's probably Tottenham again actually. They are one of the teams that doesn't need to spend due to their ability to produce players consistently.

Regardless, what a season this will be. Chelsea FTW!
cbreef
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Football. SGHD26716
username1801813
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
good player.

ultimately the market's f*cked, there's no point trying to apply common sense to a senseless world, his price and anyone's price these days is just, whatever.

I thought Pogba had a decent/good season last year, who knows with two strong midfielders behind him he'll be as good as he can be.

(arsenal fan, just as a disclaimer)
username2400323
Rep:
?
The issue was that last season Pogba would always be defending with fellaini running around like a fool 😂
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BenTheBlue)
On paper I would agree with you. Matic has his great games, but he'll decline just like Mata did when he joined United. He does have the tendency to slow games down which to me isn't a good thing. Pogba....overrated for me. He's not done anywhere near enough to warrant his price tag - Consider when we bought Hazard for 32m lol. Out of them 3, I would love Herrera. He's so underrated and he's just an all rounder. Lukaku is a great striker but then there's his first touch and also the fact he does go missing in big games. Again, he's not worth the money you paid for him.

You lot just replaced the players you lost (Lukaku for Ibrahimovic) with the exception of Lindelof and Matic. I don't see United as a serious threat this season for our title. Out of all the teams I fear the most, it's probably Tottenham again actually. They are one of the teams that doesn't need to spend due to their ability to produce players consistently.

Regardless, what a season this will be. Chelsea FTW!
It's not an exception when it's the majority lol
AkiraFang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
By now I still do not understand why Chelsea sell Matic to United?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.71%
Labour (553)
51.73%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.47%
Green Party (59)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)